Cal. Grill for 9 yold's birthday dinner? or somewhere else?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by Tarheel Girl, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Tarheel Girl

Tarheel Girl Day dreamin' about June trip!

We'll be down at WDW in June and my DD will turn 9 on our last full day there. We're having lunch with Cinderella (already booked :thumbsup2 ), but I'm trying to decide about a special place for dinner. I've read about the great view from the Cal. Grill for the fireworks, but the almost 9 has a squirmy but pretty well-behaved 4 1/2 y-old brother.

Opinions?
    Other ideas?

Also, am I remembering correctly that Cal. Grill counts as two TS meals on the dining plan?

Thanks in advance... I'm getting a lot of great information here! :wizard:

2. Tinker*Shell*Bell

Tinker*Shell*Bell DIS Veteran

California Grill is 2ts credits.

You might want to look at the menu on http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm , it says the actual menu varies weekly but it gives you an idea of the foods they might serve during your visit.

3. mamaof2

mamaof2 Mouseketeer

You might want to consider Chef Mickeys. Most Disney characters were there. My kids had a blast when they were there is Sept 05. We are going again in 10 wks. It's a must do for my fam.

4. gigi1313

gigi1313 DIS Veteran

if i were going to celebrate a 9yo bday and willing to spend two TS credits per person, i would DEFINITELY go to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue!!! a great dinner! a great show! and they make a fuss when it's your bday!!

whatever you decide, ENJOY :flower: