Cake Toppers

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings and Honeymoons' started by DisneyBride1207, Jan 11, 2011.

1. DisneyBride1207

DisneyBride1207 Not close enough to the World!

I haven't yet seen a thread on this topic yet....

Post your cake topper or info about what you plan to do!!

I am planning to do the seagulls from the Finding Nemo movie (custom made of course so one is a girl!) :lmao: We are having our reception in Living Seas Salon, so this goes perfect with our theme, and we think they are such a hoot! MINE MINE MINE! Can you believe it was my fiance's idea?!:thumbsup2

Can't wait to see what everyone did/is doing!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. leonix8238

leonix8238 Oo-de-lally!

I absolutely love that idea! So much fun :)

Our cake topper was actually a Christmas decoration that we bought the first time we we to Disney together (which was also when we got engaged), so it had a special place in our hearts.

[​IMG][/url] N,A1634 11-30-10N,A1634 11-30-10 by Leonix8238, on Flickr[/IMG]

4. lurkyloo

lurkyloo The Attic was just perfect!

DH made our cake topper (plastic spheres + dowel + gold paint) to match the one in the inspiration cake picture we used.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For our anniversary cake, we told the Grand Floridian Bakery to make something out of fondant that went with the style of the cake. Behold...

[​IMG]

5. DisneyBride1207

great idea! :)

amazing pictures btw in your flickr album - who did your photos?:worship:

6. DisneyBride1207

Lurkyloo- awesome! I have seen your pics before...and so jealous of your letterpress invites!!!! I wish I had the money to do letterpress!!!!!

7. tinkerbell 766

tinkerbell 766 <font color=purple>If I can't fly, let me sing. Or

Here is the inspiration picture I sent to Heather who is making our cake. Our Vr is at the Swan so the theme is kind of swans meet Mickey Mouse. Heather is going to put a diamante MM head brooch in the centre of the swans.

[​IMG]

8. gemmybear83

gemmybear83 <font color=royalblue>I would blame it all on Bob<

Here is ours:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Aurora2012

Aurora2012 Earning My Ears

I have one from Toppers with Glitz. A "U" which is the first letter in my Fiance's last name.

10. weedee

weedee I wanna go back to Disney already...

We used the topper provided by Disney from our Escape wedding package because we thought it was cute and "free"!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. kirstyc822

kirstyc822 Mouseketeer

Oh I love the idea of seagulls from finding nemo!

We are also having our reception in Living Seas, I have seen a beautifull topper of sleeping beauty and her prince (my favourite princess) its a lenox design but ive never seen one on a cake here, wonder if anyone has this?

12. sw33t_angel

sw33t_angel DIS Veteran

Here is mine! Using it for my at-home wedding in SC! :) I found it on ebay for $12!

[​IMG]

13. pezaddict231

pezaddict231 DIS Veteran

This was ours, I had it made by cakesparkledesigns. It is a little thicker with three colors of crystals and crystals on the edges. I loved it. And it was so sparkly, now we keep it in our China closet and it looks great there too. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Jilian

Jilian DIS Veteran

Beautiful toppers! We are hoping to find (or have custom made) toppers that look like us and the kids. We're doing a VR and have 3 kids so we want the whole family to be represented.

15. girli565

girli565 A Miami kind of girl

We bought the Mickey & Minnie topper from Disney Floral for our cake. We are actually going to buy a new entertainment center Friday for our living room and this thread just reminded me that I have the topper put away, now it can go on the shelves!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. leonix8238

leonix8238 Oo-de-lally!

Thank you very much:)

Our photographs were done by the ever amazing Randy Chapman, he is the nicest guy as well which really helps. :thumbsup2

I shall look forward to seeing photographs of your cake topper, be sure to post!

17. leonix8238

leonix8238 Oo-de-lally!

pezaddict231 - I'm completely in love with your cake! It looks so elegant, stylish and fun.

gemmybear83 - Your cake topper is so, so beautiful!

18. BecBennett

BecBennett Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

My topper is from Precious Moments. It was my first wedding purchase :goodvibes

[​IMG]

19. BecBennett

BecBennett Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

Your cake is gorgeous! :goodvibes Do you mind if I ask how much it was?

20. pezaddict231

pezaddict231 DIS Veteran

Thanks! We loved it. :)

Thanks! It was the Springtime Romance but without the sugar flowers. I don't remember exactly and my hard drive crashed so I lost all my files that had the real costs :sad2:, but I remember the 3 tier being over $1k and I'm pretty sure by doing a two tier we got it down to about $500 or so, then we also had a sheet cake in the back so that we'd have enough cake for everyone. Hope that helps!

21. lilonstitch12008

lilonstitch12008 Mouseketeer

Ours was Lenox Miss Piggy and Kermit- they wear an evening gown/tux. DH was concerned that I was a "pig" but the figures were so cute I had to have them!