Cable ties to attach a Fish Extender?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by nixieh, Apr 24, 2013.

1. nixieh

nixieh Here in rainy London wishing we were in sunny Flor

I have read threads where people attach their fish extenders with cable ties. I am really happy with my new homemade fe so I am planning on getting some cable ties but please can someone explain how to attach it.

Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

The fish (mail holder) is attached to the wall by a post (about 1/2 inch long).

We just loop the wire tie through the loop attachment on the FE and around the post. Be sure not to pull it too tight, or you won't be able to get in there to cut it off at the end of the cruise easily.

4. AKMOUSE

AKMOUSE Mouseketeer

Make sure you pack scissors.
    We use zipties to attach our FE to the holder, but thencouldn't get it off. Had to snap the wooden dowel to get it off of there. I was just sick about doing that.
    little kiddy scissors are now in it for our next cruise.

5. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

Nail clippers is what we use to snip the zip ties. You can also ask your stateroom host for scissors or something else to cut the ties.

6. nixieh

nixieh Here in rainy London wishing we were in sunny Flor

Sorry to come back to an old thread of mine but as our cruise is getting closer now :yay: can someone give me an idea of how long the cable ties need to be. Went to get some yesterday but there were so many different sizes I didn't know which would be best!!

Thanks so much :flower3:

7. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

Nothing more than 6 inches, and that's long. Remember, don't make it too tight, you'll need to cut it off.

I buy them so I can use them for other reasons. For my Christmas bannister stuff. Those need to be really long, but you can cut off the excess. Nail clippers are a wonderful idea. However, I also used my little scissors for a bad bang day. Game myself a lil tiny trim to a lil section that was driving me nuts.