Cable modem equipment setup at FW?

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by gd3, Jan 6, 2013.

1. gd3

gd3 Earning My Ears

Hello all, we are regular Ft. Wilderness visitors, and camp there probably once every couple of months for 3-4 nights per visit. We live a couple of hours from the Fort, and usually take extended weekend trips when the opportunity arises.

Having said that, we are fairly heavy internet users, and are currently connecting with a mifi prepaid broadband hotspot for conveniece in our trailer. I am in the process of redesigning our technology setup in our camper. I was wondering if any of the FW regulars on here know what brand cable modem or setup disney is using with the "toolbox" that they provide when you get a cable modem from them.

This may sound silly, but if possible I would like to buy the same modem (hopefully around 100 dollars or less) and already have it setup in my array in my camper, so when we arrive at our site all we would have to do is run the cable into a splitter and "plug up." This would give us a broadband connection into our onboard wireless access point, and would allow me to seemlessly work on my laptop if needed without burning up out data caps on our mifi.

I know I could probably just pickup a modem at the front every time we visit, but I would honestly rather have everything setup and ready to go and mounted in the travel trailer for convenience. Since we are regulars, it would be a great investment on our end.

Thanks in advance for any information!

2. North of Mouse

North of Mouse DIS Veteran

We were just there a few weeks ago and they have wi-fi now. The connection was sporadic though even though the signal was good. Guess it was so heavily used. Don't know about the modems though.

3. lodge

lodge DIS Veteran

I had to get a special card, for the computer, to watch on our unit.