Cabins 5D, 5C, 5B, 5A on fantasy

Here is a scan of a picture I printed off a couple of years ago that shows the aft rooms of the Dream/Fantasy quite well.dream.jpg

This is the room we booked. The video is of the Dream but they should be the same.
I wanted 9174 but unfortunately, it was sold out. :-( But this looks like a good alternative.

May I ask and for everyone else that suggested the 5E options, how was the noise? Did you hear the engine stuff louder? How was the rocking in the very back, I see mixed reviews on rocking and noise being louder and more noticeable in the back rather than front but then others say it's exactly the same as the rest of the boat?? Any input helps!

You didn't include this category, but since you are looking at "5s" I'll through my opinion into the mix....our absolute favorite cabins on the Dream/Fantasy are Cat 5E extreme aft (i.e. looking straight out the back of the ship) preferably on deck 9 (i.e. 9174). The verandah is oversized (Large enough for 1 chaise, 2 chairs and a small table) and we love the relatively open "panorama"of looking out on the ocean, right to left, without looking down the entire side of the ship. (note that it does have a solid whitewall, so if you are sitting in the chair, you can't see under the railing.) We had a 5E cabin on deck 7 once before, which was fine while at sea, but when we were in ports, they raised the flag which flapped right across deck and blocked our "view" so I'll avoid that deck in the future.

How did you feel the noise was concerning the engine or whatever is back there on the ship below? And how about rocking, did you feel it was more noticeable in the back or the same generally all over the ship?

We were in 8658 on the Fantasy in 2013 on the Eastern and have rebooked the same room for next April on the Western. It's a 5B, Deck 8, Aft, Starboard side. It was super convenient to the everything, but far enough away to be very quiet as well.

How did you feel the noise was concerning the engine or whatever is back there on the ship below? And how about rocking, did you feel it was more noticeable in the back or the same generally all over the ship?

(Ref Cat 5e) We don't find noise to be an issue. To me, there's always a constant "humm" while your on the ship, so we just consider it as white noise and it doesn't bother us. Some will say they are bothered by the increased vibration you feel when the ship is docking. Yes, we feel it, but it really doesn't bother us. Besides that, you're at the very end of the ship, so there's very little foot traffic and we have never been bothered by any hallway noise at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter