Cabin close to Campsite?

bobbieh76

needs to clean the house.... and quit wasting time
Hi! We are planning a trip to Ft. Wilderness in April! We will be staying in a cabin and my mom will be in her RV. We want to be in close proximity to each other! Can anyone make a suggestion on where to stay so we can be near each other? We made reservations for a cabin and a Premium campsite and had our reservations tied together. I think our travel agent put in a request for loop 2100 for the cabin and loop 1100 for the RV does this sound right?

Thanks in advance!! This is our families 5th trip to Disney World but our FIRST staying at Ft. Wilderness!! We are SO EXCITED!!!:cool1:

Also if anyone has any suggestions of things to do around the Fort I would appreciate it! We only got 4 days worth of tickets but are staying 7 days!:banana:

~Bobbie

Bobbieh, the 2100/1100 loop combo is the best for your situation.

Take a day or two to relax at the Fort. Swim at the pool, go to the campfire singalong, and watch the fireworks from the beach.

Have fun!

Bama ed

Stayed many times in 2100 loop (I miss it) Ft Wilderness still one of WDW's hidden treasures , enjoy the campground:)

we have done this, it s close but not as close as hoped. still used golf cart tp gp back and forth. can walk between loos at comfort station. depending on where each is on loop it can still be quite a walk. but it is the best there is.

Hi! We are planning a trip to Ft. Wilderness in April! We will be staying in a cabin and my mom will be in her RV. We want to be in close proximity to each other! Can anyone make a suggestion on where to stay so we can be near each other? We made reservations for a cabin and a Premium campsite and had our reservations tied together. I think our travel agent put in a request for loop 2100 for the cabin and loop 1100 for the RV does this sound right?

Thanks in advance!! This is our families 5th trip to Disney World but our FIRST staying at Ft. Wilderness!! We are SO EXCITED!!!:cool1:

Also if anyone has any suggestions of things to do around the Fort I would appreciate it! We only got 4 days worth of tickets but are staying 7 days!:banana:

~Bobbie

When my 2 DD were the ages of your children we did usually rent a Golf Cart for at least a day to just explore FW. Main pool is better now after refurb . They have the campfire/movie with Chip & Dale .Bring some smore making stuff or they sell it there. Rent some water sprites from the marina , bike ride, horse back, canoe in canal. Just a ton of fun away from the parks. I'm extremely jealous :goodvibes

I've wondered if a golf cart is really worth it? Just for a day to go exploring doesn't sound too bad but it seems kinda expensive to me for longer than that! What do you do with the golf cart if you rent it and say drive it to the boat launch is there a place to park them while you are gone for the day? Is there parking at the pools for them? Can we not just drive our car to the pool?

Thanks!!!

I've wondered if a golf cart is really worth it? Just for a day to go exploring doesn't sound too bad but it seems kinda expensive to me for longer than that! What do you do with the golf cart if you rent it and say drive it to the boat launch is there a place to park them while you are gone for the day? Is there parking at the pools for them? Can we not just drive our car to the pool?

Thanks!!!

You're right it is a touch expensive.If it fits in the budget then yes. No you cannot drive to the pools. Yes there are places to park by the pools and boat launch and stores. Places to plug in also so to recharge battery if needed.When we first rented carts it was one day but after many stays we made time for a couple days rental.Girls just loved them. One less day to buy on the old park hopper !! Time of year would dictate how far in advance you may need to reserve.I don't know right now what that time period is.Haven't stayed there for a while now but my family made GREAT memories there.:love:

without a golf cart you will be taking a bus or walking to pool, boat dock, or main bus stop. no car parking other than at your site or cabin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!