Cabana's or Enchanted garden lunch - Embarkation day

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by 4 DZNY NUTZ, Jan 3, 2013.

1. 4 DZNY NUTZ

4 DZNY NUTZ DIS Veteran

Hello everyone!!!:wave2:

first time cruisers here...which one would you choose and why??

I am thinking cabana's but want to hear everyone elses thoughts

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Enchanted Garden--we like to be seated and have beverages served. It is more quiet and less "crazy" than being on the pool deck. It's a nice place to sit and relax...and marvel at the beauty of the surroundings.

Also, we really liked our server at lunch (they only serve beverages, lunch is a buffet) so we went to dining changes and requested him. We didn't know anyone on the Fantasy to request and didn't want to have a situation of a crummy serving team.

4. lbgraves

lbgraves Little Cinderella's Mommy

We prefer Parrot Cay on the Classics, but will go to Cabana's on the Fantasy. We found the selection to be bigger there, and DD found food that she would eat [and she's not picky]. If you have kids the fast food counters are nearby to grab some chicken strips or a burger on your way in.

5. inmyis

inmyis Disney Dude and Diva

Being a first timer you may like Enchanted Garden. You get the feel of how the food and service will be for the cruise. If you want to sit outside then Cabanas. At this point DW and I get on the ship before noon and head directly to the Adult Pool area. We get a drink, a snack and enjoy relaxing before checking out our cabin. Whichever way you go I am sure you will have a great time.:thumbsup2

6. 4 DZNY NUTZ

4 DZNY NUTZ DIS Veteran

bumping.....

anyone else??

7. maryliz

maryliz <font color=990099>The Whoosh Fairy RULEs, the Blo

We did Cabana's on the Dream ... got a table outside and could see Kennedy Space centre! It was a beautiful view of the water and just a fabulous start to our vacation ! :thumbsup2

8. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

Enchanted Garden- The food was great and so much less hectic than Cabana's IMO. :)

9. joestein

joestein Mouseketeer

Enchanted Gardens!!! - epecially we get rooms on deck 2 and we don't have to carry our carry ons around much.

10. Brendonsmom

Brendonsmom Love the Magic

Just got back last Friday from our Christmas cruise. We toured the ship briefly before heading to Cabanas for lunch. We boarded the ship at 11:30 and went to lunch around noon. All three restaurants on the Dream were still closed and not sure when they were opening for lunch. I would say head for Cabanas while you can. The food was great--crab legs and large shrimp, a carving station, and yummy desserts. Sit outside if the temperature is nice and watch the other ships in port. You'll appreciate your ship more and more! You have your entire trip to try the other restaurants for breakfast or lunch.

11. magrudersmakes3

magrudersmakes3 DIS Veteran

We have done both. I like the choices better at Cabana's. I liked the laid back feeling of EG as we dined with friends and were able to have a great conversation.