Cabana Rental at Typhoon Lagoon

GrumpySue

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever rented a cabana at Typhoon Lagoon ?? Would love to know what kind of experience you have had. Like what do you get for the price and how are the locations. Also, how far in advance would you think it would be necessary to book this ??

Thanks for any help you can give !!

We have and loved it (tl & bb). Our location was at the end of a row of cabanas right next to a major walkway, so I would request to be somewhere away from a walkway next time, but even so it was wonderful. We had an attendantt that ordered and delivered our food, unlimited towels & bottled water (again by attendant), self-service refillable mugs, ice filled cooler, a locker, & most importantly the most wonderful shade and comfortable chairs.

As to when to book, probably depends on the time of year. I booked one of our reservations the day before, the other was a couple months out. With free dining requiring ph or wpm, I expect the water parks will be busier than usual in the fall. Your card won't be charged until you arrive and they have (iirc) a 24 cancellation policy. I would say that if you don't plan to be there all day, it's probably not worth it. But having a spot to completely refresh made the days so much more enjoyable!

We just rented a Cabana at TL last week. We got #8 and had a great day. We were right next to the opening to the wave pool. Our cabana and another one were together and roped off so we didn't have to worry about anyone coming into our area. We had 2 attendants who were wonderful. It was so great to have a place to rest in the shade and have lunch. To be honest, we were hoping for a quick thunderstorm to clear the park out but no such luck. Our attendant had said it would be safe to wait under the cabana during a storm and that most times the park clears right out when there is a storm. If it's something you can afford, I highly recommend it.

We have and loved it (tl & bb). Our location was at the end of a row of cabanas right next to a major walkway, so I would request to be somewhere away from a walkway next time, but even so it was wonderful. We had an attendantt that ordered and delivered our food, unlimited towels & bottled water (again by attendant), self-service refillable mugs, ice filled cooler, a locker, & most importantly the most wonderful shade and comfortable chairs.

As to when to book, probably depends on the time of year. I booked one of our reservations the day before, the other was a couple months out. With free dining requiring ph or wpm, I expect the water parks will be busier than usual in the fall. Your card won't be charged until you arrive and they have (iirc) a 24 cancellation policy. I would say that if you don't plan to be there all day, it's probably not worth it. But having a spot to completely refresh made the days so much more enjoyable!

I just reserved ours for September and they charge your card at the time you book it. Just an FYI

Thanks for all your replies, sound like a great option. We are going on late October and I'm not really crazy about paying for it in full now. Do they book up way in advance like dining or do you think I should wait ?

• We rented one at TL a few years ago and I thought it was well worth the price. 1) you have a safe right there for your phone 2) there is an assistant that you share with the other cabanas which means you can order food and more towels etc... 3) during the mid afternoon DOWN POUR we stayed (and our stuff) totally dry 4) it was off to the side of the park a bit and provided a respite from the busy-ness 5) we were right by some sand and the boys could dig and play in it 6) it was a great place for the toddler to take a nap while the bigger kids were still out enjoying the park (meaning I didn't have to leave to go back to the hotel .... i could just lay down with him there.

Has anyone ever rented a cabana at Typhoon Lagoon ?? Would love to know what kind of experience you have had. Like what do you get for the price and how are the locations. Also, how far in advance would you think it would be necessary to book this ??

Thanks for any help you can give !!

We did once and while it was nice, it's really expensive and we've found just really not needed. We'd consider doing it again, if the price was considerably lower (like 1/2 price). I will say though for us, we also really only got it to have a reserved space in the shade and the locker was def. nice. We didn't use the attendants as we are used to and like to get our own food/drinks. We had a location def. out of the way and private, but close to one of the entrances to the lazy river. -I think our group would probably prefer something overlooking the wave pool if they have them there. As long as you get there at rope drop, you should not have a problem finding a nice shaded spot with chairs/loungers to set up camp. Taking your own towels really isn't a big deal to us either and really we hardly ever used towels.

IMG_5205.JPG you can see the boys playing in the sand
random shot but shows kinda what we "got" .IMG_5137.JPG

IMG_5062  rs.jpg
more randomness...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter