Cabana on Family Beach or Serenity Bay?

If it was me & it's an adult only trip Id go serenity bay. No question. Save the $ & you have a quiet kid free oasis.

I agree! The cabanas we've been in are the same on both beaches, so it's the setting that matters. Without kids Serenity Bay is well named…'nuff said.

Don't forget that with all of them, you only need to push the button in your cabana and the attendant will come with a golf cart to take you wherever you want to go.

Eventually they will. Maybe. We've not had much luck getting them to come with the cart. Neither have friends of ours when they rented a cabana on SB. That's why we choose 22. If you gotta go, you gotta go, and the last thing we want to do is wait 30 minutes for the golf cart when we could walk to the restrooms and back in a third of that time.

Thank you. I guess you are right. Id be annoyed if we were on the FB where we really didnt even need to be and then have a large party next to us.

Thank you all so much and hank you very very much artnerds. Ill request number 25 and then 24 and so on, would that be what I want? Lol.

Cashe, thank you for letting me know about the wedding parties. I greatly appreciate it!! Also I "see" you on the concierge thread. When did you send the email to request the canana? At exactly midnight?

We are also concierge on the May 14th cruise and have SB #24. I sent an email around 8:00 a.m. and received a reply by 10:00 a.m. with confirmation of my requests and additional questions they had for me.

I agree! The cabanas we've been in are the same on both beaches, so it's the setting that matters. Without kids Serenity Bay is well named…'nuff said.

Thank you. You are correct! Also, there is a person on my meet/greet getting married on CC. Not sure if they are renting a cabana but if they have friends/family on board they may or someone else may and don't want to be on the FB. You are 100% correct. I have moved on LOL

We are also concierge on the May 14th cruise and have SB #24. I sent an email around 8:00 a.m. and received a reply by 10:00 a.m. with confirmation of my requests and additional questions they had for me.
Thank you.
Did you just draft an e-mail and when you requested the cabana, did you give in preference order the numbers that you wanted?

Thank you. You are correct! Also, there is a person on my meet/greet getting married on CC. Not sure if they are renting a cabana but if they have friends/family on board they may or someone else may and don't want to be on the FB. You are 100% correct. I have moved on LOL

Thank you.
Did you just draft an e-mail and when you requested the cabana, did you give in preference order the numbers that you wanted?
I told them I wanted 17 and they said that they reserved that for weddings and gave me 15. I just said 17 or a "high number." Since there's only 4 cabanas on SB, I would think telling them you would prefer 25, would get you 25 then 24, etc cause there's not much to choose from LOL.

While a view of the ship is always nice, you get plenty of "ship" during the cruise. Without kids, that "magazine photo" of a deserted beach is an opportunity that is had to get anywhere. Serenity bay it was for us...

Eventually they will. Maybe. We've not had much luck getting them to come with the cart. Neither have friends of ours when they rented a cabana on SB. That's why we choose 22. If you gotta go, you gotta go, and the last thing we want to do is wait 30 minutes for the golf cart when we could walk to the restrooms and back in a third of that time.

We have stayed in CC cabanas 4 times and have never had the experience you have described.

In fact, the last time we were there (in March), we pushed the button to get a ride to the tram stop. He came and told us that he could take us right now if we wanted but if we didn't mind hanging out another 15 minutes, he would be heading back to the ship and we could just ride along with him, so we skipped the tram altogether and got a ride all the way back to the ID checkpoint.

Wow!
I was not aware there are only four cabanas on SB! Yikes.
If I request and get Cabana 25, would there be someone that would be able to take my mom to/from the cabana and Cookies2 and back?
If not, I'll have to rethink my cabana number request.
Thank you.

In September, they showed up in about a minute or so after ringing the bell. They were prompt with the time we told them to come for us for lunch, too. Maybe we just had good timing. I guess it could take a while if they happen to be taking another cabana for lunch, giving a lift to an area of the island that is closer to the ship or have to head to the ship to fulfill a request (they were very fast in going back to the ship to get me a cigar cutter since I had left mine in my room).

Thank you.

I didn't specify a cabana number.
1) I didn't even know to request a specific number.
2) I didn't really care as long as it was on SB.

This is what my email said:
Dear Shoreside Concierge,
We would like to request the following services/activities for our cruise commencing May 14, 2015.
1) Adult cabana on Serenity Bay – cost to be split between the two staterooms
2) Palo brunch
3) Remy dinner – preferably on the evening our rotation would be in Animator’s Palate and/or Pirate night, unless, that would also fall on the Palo brunch day (not both on the same day!); in a nutshell, Remy on either Animator’s Palate night or Pirate night as long as it’s not the same day as the Palo brunch

They replied about 2 hours later with additional questions about dining times and options for Remy. I sent this email on 1/9/15 and our booking window opened on 1/14/15. I received an email with itinerary at 10:30 on 1/14/15 saying my activities were confirmed. Since that time I have booked a Serenity Bay couples cabana massage through Shoreside. I told them what I wanted and they gave me the available times. Also, I asked if we could "pre-stock" the cabana fridge with adult beverages and they said a concierge cabana host will be on-site and will make sure we don't get thirsty. Easy peasy!

We would like to request the following services/activities for our cruise commencing May 14, 2015.
2) Palo brunch
3) Remy dinner – preferably on the evening our rotation would be in Animator’s Palate and/or Pirate night, unless, that would also fall on the Palo brunch day (not both on the same day!); in a nutshell, Remy on either Animator’s Palate night or Pirate night as long as it’s not the same day as the Palo brunch

They replied about 2 hours later with additional questions about dining times and options for Remy. I sent this email on 1/9/15 and our booking window opened on 1/14/15. I received an email with itinerary at 10:30 on 1/14/15 saying my activities were confirmed. Since that time I have booked a Serenity Bay couples cabana massage through Shoreside. I told them what I wanted and they gave me the available times. Also, I asked if we could "pre-stock" the cabana fridge with adult beverages and they said a concierge cabana host will be on-site and will make sure we don't get thirsty. Easy peasy!

Thank you very much for this information.
Is it correct you sent the e-mail the day you were able to send to concierge?
How will you pre-stock the fridge with alcohol? Don't we have to pay for alcohol? Would you just tell them what you want?

Besides cabana, I was going to book Palo two nights and Remy two nights. I know I can only book Remy/Palo once each online and was going to do that
but now thinking I will just ask the concierge to book all four nights. Champagne tasting and full length of cruise Rain Forest.

Thank you very much!

2) Palo brunch

I plan on bringing my own adult beverages LOL.

@js I have my emails and responses to concierge in my PTR on that forum if interested. I emailed midnight 1/9 and same, confirmation on 1/14.

We have stayed in CC cabanas 4 times and have never had the experience you have described.

In fact, the last time we were there (in March), we pushed the button to get a ride to the tram stop. He came and told us that he could take us right now if we wanted but if we didn't mind hanging out another 15 minutes, he would be heading back to the ship and we could just ride along with him, so we skipped the tram altogether and got a ride all the way back to the ID checkpoint.

We've pushed the button on 6 different occasions with three different cabana reservations. It never took less than 10 minutes for him to get there. The last time, after our first attempt, we just started walking everywhere. It's not like I didn't need the exercise anyway.

Thank you VERY much for this information and pictures! Did you like Cabana 22? Was it far from the BBQ, my mom will mind the walk although I do not.

You're quite welcome.

22 is as close as you can get to the BBQ area. 5 minute walk? I don't find it prohibitive. It's the closest cabana to the amenities of SB. We've had it on three different occasions and been quite happy with it.

@js I have my emails and responses to concierge in my PTR on that forum if interested. I emailed midnight 1/9 and same, confirmation on 1/14.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I will look. Do you mean Trip Report Forum?

What are the numbers of the SB cabanas? 25, 24, 23, 22?

Thanks.

@js I have my emails and responses to concierge in my PTR on that forum if interested. I emailed midnight 1/9 and same, confirmation on 1/14.

Thank you. I will look. Do you mean Trip Report Forum?

What are the numbers of the SB cabanas? 25, 24, 23, 22?

Thanks.
the TR forum, then click at the top of that the Pre-Trip Reports.

Yes, those are the numbers.

Here is the PTR

http://www.disboards.com/threads/the-cruise-to-end-all-cruises-dream-5-14-15-concierge.3389266/

I had asked them what the fridge will have in it, in another email and they said "coke products" and if we wanted to specify anything that we could. I will be bringing my own vodka and I figured we will just go to the lounge for any mixer we don't have or want. Also, you will be meeting w/ a concierge coordinator in the lounge once on board to go over all of your reservations and preferences/needs/wants etc and if you want anything then, you can always just let them know then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter