Cab services from a Resort

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by TurtleGirl3, Mar 7, 2012.

1. TurtleGirl3

TurtleGirl3 Earning My Ears

Hello all! I am heading down to WDWin 13 days :yay: and will be staying at AS Music. We have a 7:15am ADR for Chef Mickeys on 3/19 and from my understanding there is no bus running that early that will get us to the MK to walk to the CR. Will the the front desk at ASM be able to call a cab for us or is there a service we shoudl use (we would probably need a van taxi because of our stroller).

And one last question....are children required to be in car seats for a taxi? I only ask because I'm trying to avoid having to go back to our hotel after breakfast. .

Thank you!

2. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

A few thoughts...I can't say for sure if your kids need to be in car seats in cabs. Proabably. But again, not sure.
    BUT...there are buses running at 6:30am, every single morning, from every resort, to every park. So.....you can head out to the bus stop for MK, around 6:15ish. When the MK bus comes, just ask the driver which is faster to the CR...walking or monorail. The driver may very well offer to drop you right at the CR...and maybe even on his way to the MK if there are no others on the bus. That's what I would do.
    Now, if the driver doesn't make the offer to drop you off, either before or after the MK stop, you can walk over to the CR via the sidewalk in under 10 mins. You can walk up to the monorail platform, but the monorail doesn't start running until 7am....if you get there just before this time, you may be able to get on the first run of the day. Otherwise, it may make you late if you have to wait for the next one to come along.