1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

cab fare from POR to sea world

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Donald Duck888, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Donald Duck888

Donald Duck888 Mouseketeer

Just curious if anyone has taken a cab from POR to sea world and what it cost. My daughter and I may be heading down and we are going to stay on site and as such do not see the need to rent a car. My daughter would like to also see sea world however so I was curious about cab fare.

Thanks.:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Lynne M

Lynne M Moderator Moderator

I plugged Epcot and Seaworld into Mears Taxi Fare Estimator, and it came back with $23 (not including tip). So that's probably reasonably close.

4. Rizzo1

Rizzo1 Mouseketeer

Someone had told us, about 3-4 years ago, that there is a shuttle or Sea World van that can pick you up from a WDW resort and offers a reasonable R/T fare.

Does anyone know if this is true? :confused3

5. AuroraRora

AuroraRora Princess

We took a cab from POFQ to Seaworld and it was $20 plus tip

6. flamark

flamark Mouseketeer

I know you asked about cab fare but I thought I would throw an alternative out there. Let me say first that I'm not sure it would even work because I don't know what times you would be needing to go or anything like that. If you take a cab you are looking at $50 round trip including tip. I know that you can get a Lynx (Orlando's bus system) bus at TTC and I'm pretty sure they have a stop at Seaworld. I am unsure as to any transfers or connections you would have to make or the amount of time it would take. It all depends on what you time is worth to you. I raise it up because I would think the bus trip would run about $5 round trip for both of you. A considerable difference. Something to think about.

7. flamark

flamark Mouseketeer

I did a bit of checking on the Lynx website and found that there is a route from TTC or DTDWS to Seaworld. Looks like buses leave every 30 minutes and the trip takes 35 minutes. Of course you would have to add time to get to the TTC and also to walk the little bit from the bus stop to Seaworld itself. Looks like tix would be as cheap as $2 per person. Check their website and see if it works for you. It is Link 50 if you click on the maps/schedules tab under quick links. Hope this helps a bit.