C25K! Anyone else in?

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by willonlyflytodisney, Jan 12, 2010.

1. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

I am really enjoying the run/walk method on the Jeff Galloway app. I seem to be more willing to go all out if I know it's only for a few minutes, plus I think it will really help me build endurance.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

DS16 did Run for your Lives last year, he loved it and has plans to do it again this year. It was cold and muddy though, so if you ever do it have throw away clothes, shoes and towels.
    I got the mud out of the clothes but that was it.

4. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

Haven't run since the 11th. I slipped on the ice and tweaked my knee when I was trying to keep myself from going down. Managed to save myself from a pretty bad fall but it hurt for several days. The knee is better today but I did a lot of stairs today moving stuff in our museum prepping for a tea party this weekend so my legs are pretty sore.
    I'm headed down now to do the treadmill but I think I'm going to take it slow and repeat last weeks workout.

5. BernardandMissBianca

That was bad!! Like horrible bad. The tops of my feet, ankles, calves and shins were in terrible pain. Gritted my teeth and pushed thru it but dang I hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

6. MamaCrush

MamaCrush DIS Veteran

Way to get back on there! Just be sure to give yourself plenty of rest and maybe pop an ibuprofin or two. ;) I know it's always hard for me to tell if the pain is the normal "I'm out of shape, what do I expect" or something I really need to take care of. The general rule of thumb I've been told is if the pain goes away the next day, you're good to go. But huge kudos for the workout!

7. MamaCrush

MamaCrush DIS Veteran

My body responds really well to this program too... I use it for my long runs and use C25K for the two weekly training runs.

8. ATLJR

ATLJR Earning My Ears

Doing EEC on May 4th... just completed W4D1. That was quite the jump up in difficulty from the previous week. Yowza!

Anyone else started recently to get ready for EEC? How are you progressing?

9. MamaCrush

MamaCrush DIS Veteran

I am! I actually started to run again on January 2nd this year! I'm progressing well, but then I don't plan on setting any speed records! Good luck with your training!

10. ATLJR

ATLJR Earning My Ears

Thank you and same to you!

My goal is to not have to walk at any point. I don't care about my time on this one as it is my first race in almost two years. I simply want to have fun and re-establish myself back into running. The fact it helps me look better isn't a negative either.

11. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

Week 5, day 3 of 5K training! Today was my long run, so I went 3.45 miles for the first time!

12. MamaCrush

MamaCrush DIS Veteran

That's awesome! WTG! :cutie:

13. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

Thanks! I did learn a lot about pacing myself. I feel like I will definitely be ready for my 5K. I still have a few weeks to go!

14. momto3gr8boys

momto3gr8boys DIS Veteran

Hi and welcome! I find our little group to be a great motivator too.

Isn't it great when something cardio becomes easier?

I did the same thing! And then I signed up DW for two 5ks to keep her out there with me ;).

I found my pace slowing a but with each week...it gets harder but you can do it! I do think duet plays a huge role too.

Lol put some reggae on your iPod and get back out there!

WTG!

Keep going...you can do thus!

Lol about the Seinfeld episode! What's the temple run?

I am really enjoying his method too. I downloaded his 10k program to start next week.

Take it easy - I've been out of commission for the past week too. It's hard to get back.

Don't push too hard...you may need a little more rest.

Just keep picturing that mountain! I want to do EE some day. Is it a straight run or an obstacle course run?

Woohoo! That is great for week 5. I didn't hit that distance until week 9!

I had my last run last Tuesday morning and did W9D1. I ran 3.49 in 40 minutes so I was Very happy with that. Then I had to go for a toenail biopsy (to rule out a melanoma. I got the results yesterday and it was benign, thank God. But I haven't been able to run. I did a slow walk jog on Monday but couldn't get past 1.5 miles and that took a good 20-25 min. I'm going to do a little more today, but I've had to extend my C25k graduation by a few weeks.

You are all doing great! Keep running!

15. runsandjumps

runsandjumps DIS Veteran

That's great you got good news on your biopsy.

I can't even imagine being on week 9. I have been doing week 5 for like 3 weeks! So I guess in theory I should be in week 8 but anyway. I only go 3 miles in an hour it seems.

You guys are doing fantastic.

Temple run is an app my kids like with these scary man sized monkey vultures things that would definitely have me sprinting and jumping and dodging to get away.

16. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

Tomorrow will be the first time I've run outside since high school. Am I crazy for being nervous?

17. momto3gr8boys

momto3gr8boys DIS Veteran

Thanks! I will have to check out that app. Try moving forward even if you don't feel like you are going fast enough. The longer running will increase your strength and stamina.

No. It's very different. I have only run on a treadmill once over the past 9 weeks and hated it, but it's easier because the climate is controlled and the surface is the same. If you can find a school track to use that would be a good start!

After a rough Monday, I held off running until yesterday. I did W9D2 and went just under three miles. Slower than before but I think I'm on the mend and I am hopeful that Sunday's run (my graduation day!) will be good. Then it's on to 10k training. I am going to use Jeff Galloway's easy 10k.

18. Carissa 80

Carissa 80 Cinderellerd

Yep!! All signed up! I've been running for a couple weeks... I'm doing 2 miles right at 16 minutes right now. This week going to try to go a little further or try to work on my speed... not sure yet. Looking forward to it!! My goal is to just keep ahead of the golf cart!! :rotfl2:

19. keahgirl8

keahgirl8 DIS Veteran

I thought I checked back in here after my first outside run! Guess not. lol

I was pleasantly surprised with how well it went. I really enjoyed running outside, and my time wasn't far off from my treadmill time. The time actually went by faster than it does on the treadmill. I think one thing was that I couldn't see the timer. I am going to try hiding the timer when I do have to run on the treadmill. Tomorrow is my "long run" day. It will be done inside, because of the time and temperature I need to do it in. My leg is a little achy, so I am going to take it easy. I will only try to run 3 minutes at a time, instead of 4-5, at a slower pace. We'll see how it goes!

20. ATLJR

ATLJR Earning My Ears

Awesome! Roughly ten weeks out I think you will have no problem staying ahead of the golf cart..just add an extra 1/4 mile every week for the next 4 weeks and then focus the last 6 on shaving 30 seconds off your per mile pace and you'll be at 13:00 miles by May 4!

I just polished off Week 4 yesterday and now begin the dreaded Week 5. After that first day of Week 4 it became significantly easier. The first two days of Week 5 don't worry me but that 20 minute run at the end of the week has me a little anxious.

21. Carissa 80

Carissa 80 Cinderellerd

Thank you!! I've been trying to make a plan as to how best go about adding to my distance and trying to get faster. That makes perfect sense!! THANKS!! Today is a run day.... looking forward to getting on the treadmill! (Can't wait to get outside, but another snow storm is on it's way.)