C25K! Anyone else in?

So I completed W2D1 tonight! Man, it was definitely hard for me. I didn't make it through the last run, but was able to push myself all the way through all of the others. I think I will repeat today just to build some confidence. I'm not being as consistent as I probably should be....avoiding runs on the weekend. What kind of schedule do most of you follow?

I work Tuesday, Thursday and whichever weekend day that works out best for our schedule. But truthfully, I usually put it off until Sunday afternoon.

keahgirl8-- I just noticed your signature countdown. Way to rock the weight loss girl! You are my hero!

So I completed W2D1 tonight! Man, it was definitely hard for me. I didn't make it through the last run, but was able to push myself all the way through all of the others. I think I will repeat today just to build some confidence. I'm not being as consistent as I probably should be....avoiding runs on the weekend. What kind of schedule do most of you follow?

Last time I was Mon - Wed - Fri. I need to get back into that but I would like to do long runs on Saturdays when DH is home to watch the kids.

Did Jeff Galloway 5K, week 1 day 3 on the treadmill and it went pretty well.
DS16 wanted to go for a run outside today so we hit the trails at school too. That went pretty well except for DD's whining. Of course the first thing she did when we came home was to run on the treadmill. Girl drives me nuts sometimes!!!
DS was such a good sport, he did his 5 miles then his cool down was my hard run. He could walk as fast as I run but he jogged with me, and yelled at me when I started to walk. Come on Mom!!!! Get moving Mom!! LOL

BernardandMissBianca said:
Last time I was Mon - Wed - Fri. I need to get back into that but I would like to do long runs on Saturdays when DH is home to watch the kids.

Did Jeff Galloway 5K, week 1 day 3 on the treadmill and it went pretty well.
DS16 wanted to go for a run outside today so we hit the trails at school too. That went pretty well except for DD's whining. Of course the first thing she did when we came home was to run on the treadmill. Girl drives me nuts sometimes!!!
DS was such a good sport, he did his 5 miles then his cool down was my hard run. He could walk as fast as I run but he jogged with me, and yelled at me when I started to walk. Come on Mom!!!! Get moving Mom!! LOL

Your son is awesome!

LOL he is. He never gives me a hard time about being fat and slow, just gentle encouragement with a little bit of Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels thrown in for good measure.
We talk about food and nutrition as well as exercise. He takes gourmet foods but he's also a runner and wants to do sports nutrition and personal training when he gets older so I'm kind of his guinea pig.
Never gives me a hard time about eating bad stuff, just asks me "do you really want that?". He my conscience.

LOL he is. He never gives me a hard time about being fat and slow, just gentle encouragement with a little bit of Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels thrown in for good measure.
We talk about food and nutrition as well as exercise. He takes gourmet foods but he's also a runner and wants to do sports nutrition and personal training when he gets older so I'm kind of his guinea pig.
Never gives me a hard time about eating bad stuff, just asks me "do you really want that?". He my conscience.

There is really something special about a mom and son's bond! My DS12 will be running the Expedition Everest Challenge with me. It will be his first Disney race! He is such an encouragement to me. My whole family is, but my son "gets me" on a different level when it comes to nutrition and exercise! And somehow I don't mind when he "encourages" me-- but heaven help my DH if he said the same thing! :lmao:

Finally got on a treadmill to see how my training is going. I've been running laps in a gym previously. I just bought new shoes yesterday... so that worked against me, but I did one mile (walk, run, walk....) and averaged a 16 minute mile... grr... I had to get off as my feet were really bothering me, so I went and rowed for a bit... then decided I wasn't a quitter... and got back on the treadmill and did a 12.5 minute mile... although I don't think I'm ready to keep up that pace for 3 miles quite yet. Then I walked a mile and half outside to get some fresh air... the gym was so hot and stuffy! I'm on W2D2... my husband moved on to week 3, I'm not quite ready to move on yet... :(

Hi Everyone
I'm VERY new to running and am currently in Week 2 of C25K. My goal is to complete the program and then move onto training to do the 2014 Princess Half Marathon. I'm 45...overweight (hopefully not for long) and have never been a runner...couldn't even say the word jog (LOL). But after my sister asking me to do the Half Marathon next year, I figured good as time as any....and it being a Disney Half...I'll be in my happy place so it's a win win!

Good luck everyone!

Hi Everyone
I'm VERY new to running and am currently in Week 2 of C25K. My goal is to complete the program and then move onto training to do the 2014 Princess Half Marathon. I'm 45...overweight (hopefully not for long) and have never been a runner...couldn't even say the word jog (LOL). But after my sister asking me to do the Half Marathon next year, I figured good as time as any....and it being a Disney Half...I'll be in my happy place so it's a win win!

Good luck everyone!

Congrats and welcome!

I did W8D2 yesterday, and am also going to look to increase my distances to do a half. I actually have decided that my 2014 goal for myself will to do the Tink 1/2 at DL and the F&W at WDW and go for the C2C. Highly ambitious both in terms of the running and the traveling, but I'm hoping to do it! I was actually going to start a PTR tracking my way to that goal! I think you will do great - what better motivation than getting to go to Disney!

Hi Everyone

Good luck everyone!

Welcome aboard! Disney provides powerful motivation! If you're so inclined, check out my blog (link in my signature below) on how I'm putting the Power of the Mouse into my 5K training! Disney events are the only reason I ever decided to start running... ;)

Welcome aboard! Disney provides powerful motivation! If you're so inclined, check out my blog (link in my signature below) on how I'm putting the Power of the Mouse into my 5K training! Disney events are the only reason I ever decided to start running... ;)

Thanks! And thanks for the link to your blog....I LOVE me a Disney running blog!!! :cool1:

What treadmill mph speed to you run/walk? I'm doing 3-3.5 mph for both the jog and walk. I'm on week 2...I've tried a higher speed but just can't keep up the pace. Just would like to know what speed everyone else is at.
Thanks

Hi Everyone

Good luck everyone!

Good for you!!! This is inspiring!! I'm so worried about getting through my 5k! Ahh! I have never been a runner either. Keep it up!! :cheer2:

I just finished week 1 of c25k today. I have never been able to run, but we are going on a cruise next Jan and I really want to run the CC5k! I have been doing a 3.0 walk and 4.2 run. I think I could run a little faster outside, but I'm a little nervous about falling off the treadmill or something. I probably won't run outside til after I complete the program when hopefully I won't be huffing and puffing so badly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter