Bypass on Main Street?

It's not finished its been used for a year or two now but it's been under construction for quite some time and is one of those slowly progressing things because it's used often like you've said. From the most recent photos I have seen and posted in the news thread it looks very good and definitely isn't finished. Also not denying what you've said because I completely believe it but your the first person to say that it hasn't done its job moving the crowds. It's main purpose it for during fireworks and parades. You don't have to use it either so I can't see why people would be forced too you are still allowed to walk down main street and through the stores.
It does a good job moving people from point A to B. No denying that. Its just a bad show. When it is REALLY crowded (Like most of December) People are herded down there with a strong suggestion. ESPECIALLY If a parade is going down Main Street on a packed day, forget it. The flashlights will guide you to the back ally.

You don't have to use it either so I can't see why people would be forced too you are still allowed to walk down main street and through the stores.
This is true, but to the "Newbie" who doesn't know that, they might just think they HAVE to go the way they are directed (out the "Bypass" exit).

For me, when it's that time to "Leave" I am ready to get out the quickest way possible, so I personally have no issues with using the Bypass. Again, for me, I am less concerned about the appearance of the bypass exit than I am of the speed of it, but I certainly would like it more if it was magical all the way.

You will never see a headless Mickey back stage, never ever!

Mickey always is in full costume unless he's in his dressing room. Not sure about Minnie as I never had her on the cast shuttle.

Just because there are no headless Mickeys on the cast shuttle does not mean there are none backstage. It possibly could have changed in the last 30 years (man, am I dating myself), but when on a band trip in the early 80's, we saw any number of headless characters backstage. In fact, that was one of the reasons (perhaps the main reason) photography was prohibited backstage.

I was back there once going into the park....it was during the time of taping the Christmas Parade.....

I did the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, and before we went "Backstage" we were informed that it was possible to see characters in partial costume. This is one of the reasons why photography is prohibited. While most adults and many older children understand the "Magic", Disney doesn't want it destroyed for those that don't or that still believe. Certainly makes sense.

They also have a "Line" that once they cross, they must FULLY be in character/Cast mode. Again, this is to preserve the magic. Violating this could get one fired.

Just because there are no headless Mickeys on the cast shuttle does not mean there are none backstage. It possibly could have changed in the last 30 years (man, am I dating myself), but when on a band trip in the early 80's, we saw any number of headless characters backstage. In fact, that was one of the reasons (perhaps the main reason) photography was prohibited backstage.

Headless characters, yes. Headless Mickey, no.

I never saw Mickey headless in the utilidors either. I have seen princesses in their unitards.
While my primary station as a CM was onstage, I have spent many hours backstage as well. If it could be seen, I have most likely seen it.

I never saw Mickey headless in the utilidors either. I have seen princesses in their unitards.
While my primary station as a CM was onstage, I have spent many hours backstage as well. If it could be seen, I have most likely seen it.
This makes sense to me too. I would think that since Mickey is THE Symbol of Disney, that they (Disney management) would do all they can to protect that image in every way possible and preserve the magic.

I was back there once going into the park....it was during the time of taping the Christmas Parade.....
Ouch, I saw the photos of that taping and backstage looked awful. I remember being angry for the guests back there. It was just like walking through a parking lot and looking at the ugly backsides of buildings. Terrible. What I can say is I've been shocked by the transformation into what it is now from that, it's looking great now!

When we did our KTTW tour in September 2014, we did see both Mickey and Minnie headless prepping for the parade. They were specifically pointed out by our tour guide (no children in our group).

When we did our KTTW tour in September 2014, we did see both Mickey and Minnie headless prepping for the parade. They were specifically pointed out by our tour guide (no children in our group).
You have to be 16 to do the that tour. This may be one of the reasons.

This bypass route is just used for exiting after the parades/fireworks, right? Or is it also open to enter the park?

It is used both ways. I have used it to into the parks in December (while they filmed the Christmas parade on Main Street) and I have used it to exit (during a fireworks show/parade). As someone else mentioned, they use it when the traffic flow on Main Street is too congested to be safe for that many people to go in our out, or if you can't move at all, so no one goes in our out.

Not true. We picked up a headless Mickey at Toontown on the way to Westclock. I remember it vividly as it was one of my first days as a CP and a little piece of my heart died. Haha.

I was a Magic Music Days Host based in MK for a season about 10 years ago. (Magic Music Days is the program that hosts performing arts groups like your marching band.) Despite being outside 90% of the day in sun or rain and having to deal with squirrelly teenagers, it was the best job I've ever had. There always seemed to be a few kids with a "too cool for school" attitude. That attitude almost always vanished the second we walked on stage...especially for the marching bands. It's hard not to get excited when thousands of guests along the parade route are cheering for you.

Anyway, as our staging area is next to the Parade building, we always had to ask for the youngest age of both performers and any kids of chaperones. If anyone was under the cut off (which I can't remember exactly), we had to contact the Parade folks to ensure young guests didn't accidently see anything traumatic. We also had to police cameras and cell phones.

There's not entrance to Tomorrowland anymore? When did that happen?

When i was a kid (admittedly 35 year ago) when we stayed at CR, there was an entrance at that end of the park. Did they take it away? Or am I remembering wrong?

Used it in June to exit, could have used it to enter as well but wanted to walk down MSUSA instead. To exit, it's to the side of the Plaza restrooms.

There's not entrance to Tomorrowland anymore? When did that happen? When i was a kid (admittedly 35 year ago) when we stayed at CR, there was an entrance at that end of the park. Did they take it away? Or am I remembering wrong?

What I call the back parking lot and entrance by the carousel is the land they used to upgrade and expand fantasyland. It was close to tomorrow land so I think this is what your talking about. The walkway from CR to the main entrance is still there, it's the back entrance that is gone.

Yes, headless Mickeys. And Donalds. And Minnies. We saw them all. It was very hot, so the characters in the parade with us didn't put on the upper parts of their costume until right before we left backstage.

Yes, headless Mickeys. And Donalds. And Minnies. We saw them all. It was very hot, so the characters in the parade with us didn't put on the upper parts of their costume until right before we left backstage.
And if you ever have worn similar type costumes (like as a Mascot for your High School or College) you would know that they can get VERY hot. Even those with a built in fan. I can only imagine what they are like on a Hot Day in Florida!

I am so glad they have put this option in for the night the parks are so packed. We usually leave prior to the "mad" rush everyone does after the fireworks. Looking forward to seeing it in November. But I do like walking down MSUSA on the way out....

83 days 0 hours and 30 minutes to go.... and counting......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter