BWV Standard View Question

Mich Mouse

Poly Loving Disney Bride
My DD is spending her spring break at BWV using our points and has a SV studio booked.

Are there any room reccomendations we should request? I understand that requests are only requests and that nothing is guaranteed.

I am guessing the rooms that overlook the driveway are SV. Are there any other possbilities? Better view? Lower or higher floors? Can anyone share their BWV SV studio experience?

Thank you for your input.:)

My DD is spending her spring break at BWV using our points and has a SV studio booked.

Are there any room reccomendations we should request? I understand that requests are only requests and that nothing is guaranteed.

I am guessing the rooms that overlook the driveway are SV. Are there any other possbilities? Better view? Lower or higher floors? Can anyone share their BWV SV studio experience?

Thank you for your input.:)

For standard view, I always request top floor, across from the bus stop. Unless you have a tree in front of your balcony, you can see the fireworks from Epcot.

SV either faces the driveway or the valet parking.

The end of the hall is closer to the DHS walking path.

There is only 1 elevator bank in BWV, near the lobby.
With a ground floor room, you can walk to the bus or boat without taking stairs.

A dedicated studio (not connected to a 1BR) may have an additional deacons bench:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2925665

Higher floors and further away from the lobby are more likely to have better views (but trees block a lot of the views). Lower floors close to the lobby tend to be more convenient (less stairs, easier elevator access, right by the pool). Some of those rooms might be noisy since they are near the ME luggage area.

I never have requests at bwv met. Maybe I'm unlucky, but it seems to be the resort most likely to ignore a location request.

Higher floors and further away from the lobby are more likely to have better views (but trees block a lot of the views). Lower floors close to the lobby tend to be more convenient (less stairs, easier elevator access, right by the pool). Some of those rooms might be noisy since they are near the ME luggage area.

I never have requests at bwv met. Maybe I'm unlucky, but it seems to be the resort most likely to ignore a location request.

They may not be ignoring it, they may just not have it available. Anytime I've requested "top floor, across from the bus stop", I got 3 or 4 (top in that area) and in the second wing (past where it splits for the quiet pool).

If you have standard or boardwalk view, there aren't alot of rooms available and lockoffs might be booked as 2 bedrooms. Depends on how many people checked out that day.

We have had standard view villas here 4 times and have never been disappointed. We request a villa at the end of the hallway (top floor) right by the walkway to hollywood studios. 3 out of the 4 times, we have received a villa with a view of the tower of terror (There aren't many of those). We have kids (10 and 7) that can easily navigate the stairs right by the exit door, so that is not a concern for us. We love Hollywood Studios and we love to walk (too impatient to wait on disney transportation), so this is ideal for our family. If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me.

Chris

Does anyone know if the 1 BD standard villas are near the noisy luggage area, or are those all studios? Thank you!

If you want a quieter room, ask to be away from the elevator. We always ask for higher floor, away from elevator. Higher floor gets you a balcony instead of a patio. Important for that morning coffee in your pj's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter