BWV Renovation

I think there is misinformation going on here. AFAIK the studio portion of all renovated 2 bedroom units at BWV are getting the fold down murphy beds. There are no dedicated 2 bedroom units at BWV, they are all lock-offs. So if you book a 2 bedroom and it is renovated you will get the extra fold down bed.
Ok...try booking 5 in all the studio types? It's only garden/pool view.

Has dedicted studios and 1BRs though.

Correct, it does have dedicated studios, and the information that I have read indicates that ONLY those rooms are getting the murphy bed. I was unsure if they had dedicated 2 bedrooms, but it is a fact that they have dedicated studios.

I think there is misinformation going on here. AFAIK the studio portion of all renovated 2 bedroom units at BWV are getting the fold down murphy beds. There are no dedicated 2 bedroom units at BWV, they are all lock-offs. So if you book a 2 bedroom and it is renovated you will get the extra fold down bed.
So yours is the misinformation.

Agree - Absolutely some misunderstandings going on. Just to reiterate - All 2 bedrooms at BWV are lockoffs, there are zero dedicated 2 bedrooms there. And all studios are getting the twin Murphy bed so every 2 bedroom lockoff at BWV will have 9 sleeping spaces.

Perhaps the confusion is that for whatever strange reason the Pool/garden view studios have been an oddity and allowed 5 to be booked into them for awhile........might have been because of the little deacons bench but I don't know for certain or even when that started but it's been going on for at least a year to from my observations. But once the refurb is done they all will have the Murphy bed and allow 5.

So yours is the misinformation.

Nope. They all get the Murphy bed. I've been in the model and spoke with the CM. The model is a 2 bedroom lockoff. The official announcement from DVC at the annual meeting and I believe in the Disney files indicated all getting them. It's being done just like VWL.

Let me add that the booking 5 now into the P/G view was going on prior to any renovation and wasn't an indicator of the Murphy bed. I felt it was a glitch but again, might have been based on the little deacons bench. I'd never do it so have never followed up on it. At VWL they did not change to booking 5 until the renovation was completed and would not expect any different at BWV because until it's completed the extra bed can't be guaranteed.

Last edited:
Ok so I have 12 nights booked in December. Studio Garden/Pool View...If by chance I do not get the refrub room can I ask for a rollaway bed? (if it would even fit) We booked and we have 4 ppl MS checked and they said refurb was complete. Ugh...Everything completely booked so I do not think I would be able to get another room at Poly or GF. Which has the murphy in studios.

Ok so I have 12 nights booked in December. Studio Garden/Pool View...If by chance I do not get the refrub room can I ask for a rollaway bed? (if it would even fit) We booked and we have 4 ppl MS checked and they said refurb was complete. Ugh...Everything completely booked so I do not think I would be able to get another room at Poly or GF. Which has the murphy in studios.
There are no rollaway beds available at any DVC. If you don't get a refurbished studio, perhaps you could use a blowup mattress.

Let me add that the booking 5 now into the P/G view was going on prior to any renovation and wasn't an indicator of the Murphy bed. I felt it was a glitch but again, might have been based on the little deacons bench. I'd never do it so have never followed up on it. At VWL they did not change to booking 5 until the renovation was completed and would not expect any different at BWV because until it's completed the extra bed can't be guaranteed.

It wasn't based on the little deacons bench. Those were only in the dedicated studios - there weren't any benches in the lock off studios.

There are dedicated studios in standard view and P/G views for sure. I do not know if there are any in the BW view cateegory, but I believe that there are.

My guess is that the ability to book 5 in the P/G studios was just a misunderstanding between MS and the IT folks or else just a humjan error.

I don't know. I know I was told, by some CM or another, the trundle and ability to sleep/book 5 in a studio was just P/G view. Maybe told wrong. I am researching it now out of curiosity.

We have stayed several times in both a standard view and garden view 2 bedroom H/C room. I always request close to elevators. No matter the view booked we have always received the exact same room a 2nd floor room just past the elevators. I really like this location. The elevator noise in the MB can be a little loud but DS who needs this room sleeps like a rock so doesn't bother him a bit. I believe there is only one H/C room with roll in shower for BW View not sure about SV or GV.

No, Kathy. Only 2049, BW view. I actually was wondering about a pool/garden HA room. The solid wall on the balcony of 2049 makes the view worthless to DH. And I am able bodied but prefer to sit and relax while watching the boats come and go. Can't really do that with the solid wall.

Thanks Jean. If I remember I'll report back if you'd like.
Thanks! We have a roll in shower so we'll learn where at least one is although it's possible it's the only Pool/garden view one. I'd hope they have a couple at least though. Being near the elevator would put it looking out at the Clown pool so it lines up with those reports although those were ground level so it's nice to hear that there are 2nd floor HA rooms.

There is one on the second floor on the right as you go down the standard view hallway. It has a roll in shower and looks out toward the pool. Very close to the lobby. I can't remember if it is the 1st or 2nd door to the right after you come off the elevator.

Wanted to report back on our Pool/garden view HA with roll-in shower that we had in mid-April. First, in Feb I had walked down a couple of the BWV hallways and from the door peepholes saw that the HA standard and pool/garden view rooms all seem to be right around the corner from the elevator. And that is exactly what we got for our 2BR lock-off with roll-in shower.

PoohsPal and Judique both reported that there is a roll in shower on the 2nd floor and I can report that there is also one on the 3rd floor which is where we were assigned. Also, as mentioned, the master bedroom in the 1BR section is against the elevator shaft and I could hear the whirring of the elevators but no other noise such as people talking or bells dinging so really not bad.

Overall my sister reported that she greatly preferred the set up here at BWV vs what she had for a roll-in shower at PVB last Oct, except for the monorail access. Considering the only the room BWV worked well for her and the kitchenette in the studio was set up better. At PVB the microwave was at a height she could not reach, not low like it should be. However, we did find that housekeeping had placed the paper plates up in the kitchenette cabins at BWV which was unreachable for her. There was room on the lower shelf which would have been ok.

Here are some pictures:

First, the views. In Feb I discovered that the balcony doors at BWV are double doors and it's become my new favorite thing! As you can see all the balconies have slatted rails so there were no issues seeing out.

From the master:

p2056788857-4.jpg

And from the balcony off the living room:

p1952745151-4.jpg

p2124342425-4.jpg

Looking towards the left where you can see some of the work going on to the outside. And the gardeners sprucing the hedges up:

p1947088783-4.jpg

A little rain after we arrived:

p1906189595-4.jpg

And now the rooms. First the studio side:

p2065473456-4.jpg

p1981717982-4.jpg

p2066117756-4.jpg

p2089291735-4.jpg

p2130778385-4.jpg

The cabinet "closet" since the bathroom layout has the normal closet removed from the room:

p2084569826-4.jpg

p1913609862-4.jpg

This was the hokey part - the safe that wasn't actually attached to anything. You could lock up your items although it was a little difficult to use. But at least it would be some deterrent. The master bedroom closet had the new, larger electronic safes that have been installed since the refurb. I did not get a picture of that this trip though.

p2086113986-4.jpg

p2019963356-4.jpg

The studio fridge still had a small freezer section:

p1961415669-4.jpg

Pocket door into the bathroom that operated VERY easily. My sister accidently slammed it the first time it moved so smoothly!

p1962992476-4.jpg

Back over to the 1BR side. The balcony off the living room only had the table on it. I did try calling housekeeping to have a chair brought but did not get an answer after letting it ring for a couple of minutes and I never got back to it. There was a single chair on the studio and the master bedroom balconies that I also could have moved over but this chair was easy to swing out while I enjoyed my breakfast. :)

p1880329593-4.jpg

The 1BR shower room:

p2130234087-4.jpg

p1908109039-4.jpg

p1941790930-4.jpg

p1980037644-4.jpg

The rubber water dam that worked fine to keep the water in the shower:

p2136609253-4.jpg

Still no shelves around the sink in the master shower room and no towel bars in either the shower room or the studio bathroom. My sister was using the studio side and came over to hang up her towels since there were no towel bars, other than the assist bars by the toilet only to discover that the master was the same. :sad2:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great photos. I was especially interested to see that there are no towel bars in this HA room either. I didn't know whether it might only be 2049 that lacked towel bars. I called to ask for them to be installed when we were there in March. There used to be one towel bar on the wall between the door to the shower room and the shower but it didn't get replaced during the refurb. I can't imagine that the ADA would approve of using the grab bars as towel bars. It is another of the annoying lack of attention to HA needs in the HA rooms.

Thanks for all the great photos. I was especially interested to see that there are no towel bars in this HA room either. I didn't know whether it might only be 2049 that lacked towel bars. I called to ask for them to be installed when we were there in March. There used to be one towel bar on the wall between the door to the shower room and the shower but it didn't get replaced during the refurb. I can't imagine that the ADA would approve of using the grab bars as towel bars. It is another of the annoying lack of attention to HA needs in the HA rooms.

I also think it's a bit of an issue. It was virtually impossible to get a dry washcloth to stay on it if you removed the hand towel that was usually placed under it by housekeeping. Plus, if you wished to spread out the towel then it made the hand hold impossible to use.

I think timeshare rooms in general have a lack of towel bars - as do the hotels that want you to save water by hanging up your towels and reusing them. When there are more than two of us (and sometimes when there are only two of us), there's not enough space for all the towels to hang up and actually dry. Not having that towel bar between the door and the shower makes the situation even worse in the HA rooms.

Thank you for the information on the roll-in shower studio.

Wanted to report back on our Pool/garden view HA with roll-in shower that we had in mid-April. First, in Feb I had walked down a couple of the BWV hallways and from the door peepholes saw that the HA standard and pool/garden view rooms all seem to be right around the corner from the elevator. And that is exactly what we got for our 2BR lock-off with roll-in shower.

PoohsPal and Judique both reported that there is a roll in shower on the 2nd floor and I can report that there is also one on the 3rd floor which is where we were assigned. Also, as mentioned, the master bedroom in the 1BR section is against the elevator shaft and I could hear the whirring of the elevators but no other noise such as people talking or bells dinging so really not bad.

Overall my sister reported that she greatly preferred the set up here at BWV vs what she had for a roll-in shower at PVB last Oct, except for the monorail access. Considering the only the room BWV worked well for her and the kitchenette in the studio was set up better. At PVB the microwave was at a height she could not reach, not low like it should be. However, we did find that housekeeping had placed the paper plates up in the kitchenette cabins at BWV which was unreachable for her. There was room on the lower shelf which would have been ok.

Here are some pictures:

First, the views. In Feb I discovered that the balcony doors at BWV are double doors and it's become my new favorite thing! As you can see all the balconies have slatted rails so there were no issues seeing out.

From the master:

p2056788857-4.jpg

And from the balcony off the living room:

p1952745151-4.jpg

p2124342425-4.jpg

Looking towards the left where you can see some of the work going on to the outside. And the gardeners sprucing the hedges up:

p1947088783-4.jpg

A little rain after we arrived:

p1906189595-4.jpg

And now the rooms. First the studio side:

p2065473456-4.jpg

p1981717982-4.jpg

p2066117756-4.jpg

p2089291735-4.jpg

p2130778385-4.jpg

The cabinet "closet" since the bathroom layout has the normal closet removed from the room:

p2084569826-4.jpg

p1913609862-4.jpg

This was the hokey part - the safe that wasn't actually attached to anything. You could lock up your items although it was a little difficult to use. But at least it would be some deterrent. The master bedroom closet had the new, larger electronic safes that have been installed since the refurb. I did not get a picture of that this trip though.

p2086113986-4.jpg

p2019963356-4.jpg

The studio fridge still had a small freezer section:

p1961415669-4.jpg

Pocket door into the bathroom that operated VERY easily. My sister accidently slammed it the first time it moved so smoothly!

p1962992476-4.jpg

Back over to the 1BR side. The balcony off the living room only had the table on it. I did try calling housekeeping to have a chair brought but did not get an answer after letting it ring for a couple of minutes and I never got back to it. There was a single chair on the studio and the master bedroom balconies that I also could have moved over but this chair was easy to swing out while I enjoyed my breakfast. :)

p1880329593-4.jpg

The 1BR shower room:

p2130234087-4.jpg

p1908109039-4.jpg

p1941790930-4.jpg

p1980037644-4.jpg

The rubber water dam that worked fine to keep the water in the shower:

p2136609253-4.jpg

Still no shelves around the sink in the master shower room and no towel bars in either the shower room or the studio bathroom. My sister was using the studio side and came over to hang up her towels since there were no towel bars, other than the assist bars by the toilet only to discover that the master was the same. :sad2:

See this thread for a room map. There are 8 dedicated boardwalk view studios, x031 & x029(2nd to 5th floors).

http://www.disboards.com/threads/courtesy-of-shamus-bwv-villa-locations-by-view.2931467/

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/BWV_BoardwalkView.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter