BWV Renovation

Was just there. The studios were awesome! This is the Murphy bed up, there is PLENTY of space when it is down. image.jpg image.jpg

I am trying to judge how long a refurb will take. Assume this is completed in November - anyone know when it began?

Was just there. The studios were awesome! This is the Murphy bed up, there is PLENTY of space when it is down. View attachment 115617 View attachment 115618
I think you are the first to post a photo of the renovated studio from this angle. My husband likes to watch TV while working at the table, which looks like it will cause a crick in his neck. Maybe we can rent or borrow a table or desk?? -- Suzanne

I think you are the first to post a photo of the renovated studio from this angle. My husband likes to watch TV while working at the table, which looks like it will cause a crick in his neck. Maybe we can rent or borrow a table or desk?? -- Suzanne

Definitely too close to watch tv. But maybe your husband is more of a listener, and doesn't actually look up too often? Could he use the large coffee table and the couch? I know I do most of my work at home from the couch.

Still don't care for the new design. Looks like you need to move the coffee table out of the way if you want to be able to walk between the bed and the new TV table.

The colors and design of the furniture doesn't do anything for me, doesn't remind me of the boardwalk, looks like any motel room anywhere.

:earsboy: Bill

agree Bill..I know I'm probably old fashioned but liked the old decor.....but my kids will like the more modern style

agree Bill..I know I'm probably old fashioned but liked the old decor.....but my kids will like the more modern style

Me too. The refurb they did in 2009 or 2010 suited me just fine. And even the decor prior was ok in person, though I hated photos of it when I first saw it. This is so lacking in character. Like I said about the VWL one - they went to Lowes or Home Depot to pick up the materials. No need to bother with specially designed items anymore. ::yes::

What else with the refurb? Carpeting, tile work, appliances?

It's all of that. Replaced carpet in the larger villas living areas with the vinyl plank flooring We went thru the models in May. One thing they didn't do was change the tile in the tub/shower of the studios though. :confused3

I'm happy about the refurb, but from the photos not happy with the lack of character. My favorite thing about Disney resorts is the theme- this doesn't say "Boardwalk" to me- looks like a regular hotel room anywhere in any hotel! When I stay at a Disney resort I want to know I'm at Disney and at a specific resort when I'm in my room. Of course I also want it to be high quality and worth what I'm paying for- that being said, why not update the bathroom!?

Regardless- heading back to BCV in February and can't wait! It really is my favorite resort (when I'm without kids- which I will be this time!!).

Would love to see more photos and hear more reviews from recent stays.

It's all of that. Replaced carpet in the larger villas living areas with the vinyl plank flooring We went thru the models in May. One thing they didn't do was change the tile in the tub/shower of the studios though. :confused3
Glad to see the studios now have a coffee table!!

Stylistically, the only real change was in the color palette.

Previous:
boardwalk-studio-20152.JPG

Current:

I really don't see how the old shades of pink, lime green and yellow scream "New Jersey Boardwalk" any more than the new decor. And the new design looks much classier--more in tune with the lodging travelers expect when they are paying $400-500 per night.

Larger villas look even nicer thanks to the added trim work on the walls and additional artwork. More photos can be found here:

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/boardwalk-villas/maps-a-photos-94440

THanks Tim! Great comparison. I agree, the old rooms never said boardwalk to me either...I like the new scheme...

I like the new decor. Maybe I'm one of the few that really don't care for Disney decor in resort rooms. If it's in the lobby or the grounds have Disney touches, that's fine. Well except for the floor in the GF-yuck. It looks like someone went crazy with a marble cutting version of a Cricut machine.

I like the new decor. Maybe I'm one of the few that really don't care for Disney decor in resort rooms. If it's in the lobby or the grounds have Disney touches, that's fine. Well except for the floor in the GF-yuck. It looks like someone went crazy with a marble cutting version of a Cricut machine.
I agree. I was looking at the pics in the link above. It looks beach to me. Especially with the board and batten on the walls in the one bedroom living room and bathroom. The colour palette says beach to me in a more neutral way. That pink and green was awful. That screamed eighties to me. I would have been uncomfortable in that room. Looking forward to my January BWV stay!

I like the new decor. I HATE the TV/Bed/Table combo and I've said that before. There is no way to sit at the table and work /use a laptop or even eat with the TV on. Working on the coffee table is not comfortable. We always stay in a 1 bedroom at BWV, so the rehab there isn't going to be much of an issue for us. However, it does mean that we won't be competing with anyone for a studio at any resort that goes to that configuration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter