BWV question

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by Disney loving Iowan, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Disney loving Iowan

Disney loving Iowan DIS Veteran

We are staying at BWV in June and are waitlisting for a boardwalk view. As of right now we have a deluxe studio garden view. Can anyone tell me anything about that? This is will our third time staying there. The first time was in a boardwalk view studio and the other was a one bedroom but I don't remember what the view was considered.
    Thank You!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KAT4DISNEY

KAT4DISNEY Glad to be a test subject

My garden/pool view studio in Feb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:rotfl2: The pool refurb is done now and actually, in general, I liked the location. I wish I had remembered about the Village Green location though. Those are studios I believe and will have views of the boardwalk towards the side. That's what I'd try and request.

4. Disney loving Iowan

AHHHHH!!!! :scared1:I remember these pictures!!!! Thanks Kathy. I didn't realize that was the garden view. I really wouldn't mind the pool view even with the clown! I will let DH know about the Village Green location just in case our waitlist doesn't come through.

5. robinb

robinb DIS Veteran

OMG. That darn clown looks scarier than normal with the construction fence and the leaves off the trees :scared1:!

This is a photo from our "garden view" a few years ago. It was situated between the main pool and the Boardwalk:

[​IMG]

6. Disney loving Iowan

7. KAT4DISNEY

It is a view that is hard to forget! :eek: :lmao:

8. LoveKermit

LoveKermit DIS Veteran

Kind of new so don't know what a deluxe studio is. And I believe garden view means preferred.

If preferred is what garden view means, then you can always request high floor and even facing the quiet pool. But if you face the quiet pool, you may have a longer walk from the elevator.

I requested (with a 1 BR preferred view) high up and close to the elevator. We were on the 5th floor facing the quiet pool and community hall. We were the one of about 5 rooms on the 5th floor rooms that face that. We didn't think we were that close to the elevator until we saw that we were about halfway through the resort. It wasn't bad.

Beyond the pool was the canal and ToT.

9. DenLo

DenLo DIS Veteran

We just had a WL come through for a Garden/pool view studio at BWV for October 7 & 8th. We figured we would never get a chance at a Boardwalk view during the Food and Wine so just wait listed the garden/pool view. Now I'm intrigued by the Village Green area. Can you tell me where on the map for BWV this would be located?

http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/boardwalk-villas/maps-a-photos

Thanks for your help.

10. LoveKermit

LoveKermit DIS Veteran

From what I can tell, the Village Green area are the rooms in the pink about where you see the #10. I was determined to check it out when there in Jan but totally forgot. There are not many and they are all studios.

11. KAT4DISNEY

On that map it's the peachy area by the number 23 that faces away from the pool area.

This map - courtesy of Granny - shows all the different room categories. The Village Green is the small red line area that connects to the blue boardwalk view rooms.

[​IMG]

12. Disney loving Iowan

Thanks for the map! That really helps to be able to picture things better. I don't know either why they call it a deluxe studio. Anyone else know? Is that just what they usually call studios at deluxe resorts?

13. KAT4DISNEY

Someone else also reported yesterday about the room description being changed to be "deluxe". I just looked at my reservations and both by VGC and BCV reservations are now Deluxe Studios. Previously they were just Studios. I guess there's been an upgrade! :goodvibes

14. DenLo

DenLo DIS Veteran

Thanks for the information on the location of the Village Green area. We now are staying in a 1 BR, garden/pool view (don't know what happened to the name "Preferred view") from 10/3 - 10/7. And since my BIL will be leaving on 10/7 we're switching to a studio, garden/pool view for 10/7 and 10/8. I can't believe were were able to get both of these reservations during Food and Wine.

Are there 1 BRs in the Village Green area? Or should we request some other area for a 1 BR garden/pool view?

I noticed that too. Even our old reservation at BLT for 3/1 - 3/8 was originally a studio MK view and now it shows up on the MS website as a " Deluxe Studio - Theme Park View". It definitely looks like IT is streamlining the names so all of the resorts can use the same labels. I wonder how many years it'll be before people quit using the old names. I know that some still call OKW as Dixie Landings.

15. BirdsOfPreyDave

BirdsOfPreyDave Disney Lover, DVC Member, SSR Fanatic DIS Lifetime Sponsor

As previously stated, DVC has changed what they call rooms as part of a recent system update. It's been speculated this might be to standardize room descriptions/names between the DVC system and the CRO system.

"Deluxe Studio" is just the new name for what was previously called a "Studio."

As to pictures of views, here's what our Preferred Pool/Garden view got us last year:

[​IMG]

We were so thrilled with this room, mostly because of the view. This shot was from room numbers 5004/5006, which we had as a two-bedroom lock-off.

16. DenLo

DenLo DIS Veteran

WOW! That is quite a view. I'd be on :cloud9: with that view.

17. DisneyJen

DisneyJen <font color=FF66FF>Chairs the "Keep the Park Game

We had a BWV studio preferred garden/pool view during our visit last week.

This is the view from 5053:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. KAT4DISNEY

I believe the Village Green area is all pool/garden studios. There are 1BR's right on the corner but I think those are actually Boardwalk views. I'm not 100% certain on that though.

19. Halle

Halle DIS Veteran

OKW used to be called the Vacation Club.

20. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Yes, that is correct. I was in the 1 bedroom corner room, 5051, it was considered boardwalk view.

21. Judique

Judique Dis Veteran, Beach Lover at BWV, BCV, HHI, VB

In January we were in 2051, a 1bedroom BW View. The bedroom had the huge balcony on the corner from which there was an excellent view, and the living room area had a tiny balcony with an obstructed view - there is a roof over the walkway that also covers the balconies of several of these 2nd floor rooms.