BWV pool closure- guests to use SAB?

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
I read on another thread that 2 people who were there this past week received a letter in the room stating they could use SAB since the clown slide was closed. Can anyone else confirm that this is the case? We arrive in 10 days and are wondering if this could be a possibility?

I read on another thread that 2 people who were there this past week received a letter in the room stating they could use SAB since the clown slide was closed. Can anyone else confirm that this is the case? We arrive in 10 days and are wondering if this could be a possibility?

If the slide is closed for repair or maintenance, BWV get to use SAB. I can't think of a time they haven't.

Oh I did not know that! That is very nice to be able to do that! Thank you!

I think its unlikely that the slide will be closed for two weeks though. Usually if its the slide, its just closed to clean and paint and it takes less than a week. Every few years they do a pool refurb, that takes a little longer. So I wouldn't promise kids SAB or anything, I think the slide is likely to be open by the time you are there.

I think its unlikely that the slide will be closed for two weeks though. Usually if its the slide, its just closed to clean and paint and it takes less than a week. Every few years they do a pool refurb, that takes a little longer. So I wouldn't promise kids SAB or anything, I think the slide is likely to be open by the time you are there.
We were there 11/8-11/12, the slide was closed the entire time and we were transported via club cars to SAB.
CM told us that it was a structural issue.

We just checked out yesterday. We were not notified of the option to use SAB. Because I read about this here, I asked one of the lifeguards and they were happy to take us over on the golf cart & pick us up when we were ready. Maybe because it was Thanksgiving week and heavy crowds that they weren't offering it to guests unless they were asked about it. Lifeguards also said it could be several weeks before the slide opens. Have fun!

We were there Thanksgiving week too (22nd-29th). There was a notice in our room (but you had to look in the information folder) that mentioned the option to use SAB. We went out behind the clown slide and waited for a cart and they shuttled us over and back. The kids had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter