BWV or BCV - Which one??

Donald & Daisy Duck

<font color=red>I even put ketchup on my tag!
We are going to be purchasing a small contract for either of these two DVC resorts and cannot decide on which one we like better.

We love the boardwalk area and have stayed a few times at the BC and had friends stay at the BWI.

Other than the pool, what is the difference between these two villas??

We are going to be purchasing a small contract for either of these two DVC resorts and cannot decide on which one we like better.

We love the boardwalk area and have stayed a few times at the BC and had friends stay at the BWI.

Other than the pool, what is the difference between these two villas??

BWV has better views, BCV is located behind the resort building, so its views aren't anything to write home about.

BWV has grand villas.

BWV has standard view villas which can help you stretch your points.

BCV has better CS options than BWV.

To get food at BWV you have to go outside to the boardwalk, at BCV you can get food inside the resort.

BWV has a Community Hall and BCV does not. BCV is a little closer to Epcot, BWV is quite a bit closer to DHS. BCV has some dedicated 2 bedrooms and BWV only has lock-off 2 bedrooms.

BCV has a character breakfast on-site. BWV is better "centered" between DHS and Epcot. BCV is closer to Epcot, but further from DHS.

We stayed at both and ended up buying at BWV. We bought there because of wanting both the standard view to stretch the points, boardwalk view when we didn't need to and because it was a bit more centered in terms of the walk to the two parks. Plus we bought resale and ended up only paying $55/pt!!!

We stayed at both and ended up buying at BWV. We bought there because of wanting both the standard view to stretch the points, boardwalk view when we didn't need to and because it was a bit more centered in terms of the walk to the two parks. Plus we bought resale and ended up only paying $55/pt!!!

Just sold 100pts.at BW a few months ago to downsize to 625 pts. Now today inching closer to a Grand Cal 100pt add on that is already passed--but have some descisions to sleep on tonight. Not willing to sell off 100pts at BW to keep a firm hold on BW grand villa opportunities. We own 200pts. at BLT also.

Have fun and enjoy your BW points!!

Scott

It all depends on what you consider a small contract. For us it's 50 and decided on BWV- just got our contract docs today.
We've been staying mainly at BCV over the years (extended family trips) and love it there. MIL is a member and we stay DVC for free;) we've stayed at BWV once when it was just DH & I and it was nice. We chose BWV (50) so that we could do F&WF on our own and keep the cost/points to a minimum & get APs. Here was our pros & cons for each.
BCV:
+SAB, Marketplace- good options and close for am coffee & self serve mug refills and open 7am-11pm, closest to Epcot, good layout-not too far from main lobby, CS either at marketplace or Hannah's grill
- buy in cost is high, same points for each view (quiet pool, garden/woods, or Epcot on higher floors), don't get a choice of which view- luck of the draw

BWV:
- am coffee at Boardwalk bakery with longer lines and no self serve and far, pool not as nice as SAB, rooms very spread out & only one elevator bank,
+ buy in cost cheaper than BCV, view options: SV, G/P, BW, lowest points for SV, close to Epcot and nice walk along canal to DHS

For us it basically came down to what is the cheapest way we can stay walking distance to Epcot for F&WF- BWV in SV studio (10 pts a night sun-thu). Which gets us 5 nights each year with 50pts. The same stay at BCV would be 75pts.
Obviously the pts are current for next year, after that who knows:confused3

As far as restaurants go: we don't mind walking around the BW to eat at either BC or BW, so that's a wash

It all depends on what you consider a small contract. For us it's 50 and decided on BWV- just got our contract docs today.
We've been staying mainly at BCV over the years (extended family trips) and love it there. MIL is a member and we stay DVC for free;) we've stayed at BWV once when it was just DH & I and it was nice. We chose BWV (50) so that we could do F&WF on our own and keep the cost/points to a minimum & get APs. Here was our pros & cons for each.
BCV:
+SAB, Marketplace- good options and close for am coffee & self serve mug refills and open 7am-11pm, closest to Epcot, good layout-not too far from main lobby, CS either at marketplace or Hannah's grill
- buy in cost is high, same points for each view (quiet pool, garden/woods, or Epcot on higher floors), don't get a choice of which view- luck of the draw

BWV:
- am coffee at Boardwalk bakery with longer lines and no self serve and far, pool not as nice as SAB, rooms very spread out & only one elevator bank,
+ buy in cost cheaper than BCV, view options: SV, G/P, BW, lowest points for SV, close to Epcot and nice walk along canal to DHS

For us it basically came down to what is the cheapest way we can stay walking distance to Epcot for F&WF- BWV in SV studio (10 pts a night sun-thu). Which gets us 5 nights each year with 50pts. The same stay at BCV would be 75pts.
Obviously the pts are current for next year, after that who knows:confused3

As far as restaurants go: we don't mind walking around the BW to eat at either BC or BW, so that's a wash

For us small contract is 50 pts also...still debating on resale or thru Disney. Just missed a 50 pt resale contract this week and the waiting for new ones is hard, but the cost difference is big.

I think I am leaning towards BWV for all the reasons you mentioned. I do like that BCV has that marketplace that serves CS food as thats really convenient but the pool has not real part in our decision (kids are now 20 and 18)

We have stayed at BCV and found that it was very busy....have not stayed at BWV and wondered if it had the same bustling feel to it?

We have stayed at BCV and found that it was very busy....have not stayed at BWV and wondered if it had the same bustling feel to it?

We've only stayed in BCV & BWV in may and it didn't feel crowded in either. We're going this oct and will see how it is for F&WF. I imagine it may be busy since both are just about completely booked.

We mainly love SAB because it has Hurricane Hanna's grill that serves hot food & drinks poolside. All the other resorts we've stayed at, the pool bars only serve chips and such. Also now that we have a wee little one, the sand pool will be nice for her.

As far as resale or direct, I believe you can only do a small 50 pointer by resale. Direct requires a minimum purchase of 160pts. Unless you're already a member and then you can add on as small as 25pts.

I found that BWV contracts are hot ticket items- they sell as soon as they r listed. We missed about 4 loaded ones since may. But be patient and keep an eye out. You can talk to the agents to keep you in mind when something comes up & they can call before it is published. Some will do that not all.

I think I am leaning towards BWV for all the reasons you mentioned. I do like that BCV has that marketplace that serves CS food as thats really convenient but the pool has not real part in our decision (kids are now 20 and 18)

we initially bought 240pts at BWVs after staying there a few times, then added 60 at BCV, sight unseen (plus another 100 at SSR:rolleyes1).
after a few BCV stays, we found it too noisy and chaotic for our tastes(mostly the pool and lobby, but we also found the noisy hallways made sleeping difficult on quite a few nights/early mornings).
IMHO, BCV is wonderful for very small children, where the freedom to be as active and loud as they want is expected, if not encouraged. btw, having such an option certainly is a good thing (note that my 8yo nephew felt it was geared to smaller children than even himself).
however, we prefer a more adult atmosphere, quietly upscale, with a plethora of activities at our fingertips, but not in our faces:).
add in the breathtaking BW view, and we are on :cloud9: every BWV stay.

we plan on selling our BCV for more BWV.

Because if the standard views I think a small contract is best used at BWV. We own at both, and like both a lot! We have always stayed at BWV in SV for our NYE extended stay, love the point savings!

Bobbi:yay:

We have stayed at bot and we enjoyed the BWV much more than BCV. The clown slide and boardwalk performeres are nice for the kids and we like location better since it is right by the bakery and restaurants and still so close to both parks! We found that the BCV are getting a little run down and to us not worth the extra points.

I love BWV, but feel compelled to point out that parking at the BCV is more convenient than that at the BWV.

Also just a reminder that you will need to reserve right at 11 months to ensure you get a standard view studio for food & wine. They are very popular and go fast.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but the parking is a lot closer to the villas at BCV. Parking at BWV can be a long way from your room. Although someone mentioned that they thought BCV was noisy, I consider it the opposite. Where the villas are located, it seems more secluded and quite. However, I have only stayed in a boardwalk view at BWV. I didn't find it noisy, but it just seemed more lively.

For us the parking issue doesn't even come into play. We use Magical Express 99% of the time- so we don't have to worry about driving/parking. Disney makes it so easy to get around that you really don't need a car on property.
On the other hand if we ever stay at AKV then we'll need a car, since I found the bus transportation a little slow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter