1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

BWV/GFV direct or resale.

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by twinsouvenirs, Jun 23, 2013.

1. twinsouvenirs

twinsouvenirs Mother of Dragons :)

Thinking about buying 100 GF points direct, then hunting for a good deal on 180-200 BWV points. We know we like BWV, and GF can't not be nice--and will likely hold value. OR we could plunge in with 150 BWV points direct and add resale as we see matches.

We probably would be frustrated buying GFV points and not being able to afford to book right away.

Opinions? I have been convinced that buying three properties (BWV, GF, and SSR) might be a crazy way to start.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Msmithmd

Msmithmd DIS Veteran

There is a valid rationale to buy GFV direct. Unless the resale market comes up another $50pp there is no economically valid rationale to buy BWV direct. Even time requirement might be the same direct or resale on BWV. (Key word might).

4. twinsouvenirs

twinsouvenirs Mother of Dragons :)

Thank you!!!

5. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

One consideration is your age, BWV expires in 2042, I believe VGF is 2063.

6. amypetecar

amypetecar DIS Veteran

I dont think its crazy to buy grand floridian direct. Blt started around $100 or so direct and resale is in the same ballpark. I could see gfv going to $200 and resale hovering around $140

Now if you dont care about gfv, there are MUCH better deals on resale to stay at other nice properties