BWI check in question

Mynamewastaken

DIS Veteran
I chose not to do online check in in hopes of asking for a baordwalk view. So when checking in do you ask for this before they assign you a room or do you wait and go up to the room and check it out before asking. Are rooms already assigned before you get there if you don't do online check in?? What recommendations do you have?

I chose not to do online check in in hopes of asking for a baordwalk view. So when checking in do you ask for this before they assign you a room or do you wait and go up to the room and check it out before asking. Are rooms already assigned before you get there if you don't do online check in?? What recommendations do you have?

If you want Board walk view you have to choose water view when booking the room. Standard faces the court yard and front of resort.?

OP did you pay for a water view when you booked? If so, you are going to face the lake side of the resort where the boardwalk is.

some of the standard views at BWI does get a firework view.

the rooms are not assigned before you get there (okay assuming you are getting there early - like 7 am).

if you are up-graded you are told before it is done - so you can say no if you wish.

this is the only way besides paying for it - would you get a lake view.

stayed on the BWV with a BW view - they are nice - but that silly boat woke me up just about every morning. plus others have say that noise from the BW kepts them awake. this was not my problem - stay up late.

If you booked a water view room in the Inn, then you will face Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk. Standard view through CRO is pool or garden view. If you have not already booked a water view and you want it, you should pay for the upgrade before you go. There are far fewer of those rooms than standard view.

the rooms are not assigned before you get there (okay assuming you are getting there early - like 7 am).

This is wrong. Rooms are assigned beforehand, actually a few days beforehand. Someone very close to me used to do this at one of the resorts up until a few months ago.

If you booked a water view room in the Inn, then you will face Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk. Standard view through CRO is pool or garden view. If you have not already booked a water view and you want it, you should pay for the upgrade before you go. There are far fewer of those rooms than standard view.

At the Inn, standard view rooms also face the front driveway.

Rooms are assigned a few days before your arrival so it is best to book the type of room you want. On our first stay we were upgraded from Std to WV, our second stay we booked Std and had a Std room. I have to say overlooking the resort front was not bad, actually quieter than the WV but you get more of the "feel" of the resort with the WV

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter