Buying used Disney gift cards?

Cake Monster

Earning My Ears
I've seen people who buy or even get free Disney gift cards from friends/family and save money doing so. I've posted on Facebook and asked around because this seems like a pretty sweet way to stock up for a trip. My only concern is that someone will say the card has x amount on it and then you go to check/use it and then- nothing or less than what they said. So I was thinking before I gave them the money we would meet up at the local mall's Disney Store and they would check it with the cashier right in front of me so I know they aren't lying. How do you all go about buying or getting unwanted gift cards?

couldnt you check them online? I guess buying used gc comes at a lot of risk. Im sure u would have to trust your friends and family they wont do funny business with them. Another trick people would do is sell the gc. then backcharge the payment option of the credit card after the fact.

couldnt you check them online? I guess buying used gc comes at a lot of risk. Im sure u would have to trust your friends and family they wont do funny business with them. Another trick people would do is sell the gc. then backcharge the payment option of the credit card after the fact.
Yeah I wouldn't buy them online lol. Just ask on Facebook and then in person public meet up with cash. Thanks for the heads up! I will keep those in mind.

if you do buy them-transfer the card IMMEDIATELY to a new card. This is an easy process and it will make sure the person selling the cards does not do the same.

if you do buy them-transfer the card IMMEDIATELY to a new card. This is an easy process and it will make sure the person selling the cards does not do the same.
Such a great idea, thank you! If I don't have a card to begin with can i just get a new empty one and transfer the balance onto it at a Disney Store?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter