Buying points at several resorts...?

debbiebones

Mouseketeer
What exactly are the benefits to buying your points at several resorts as opposed to buying them all at your "home" resort?

Thanks,

Deb

Just being able to see more places and have that 11 month window. That brings up a question, though. See below:

I saw in another post where someone told you buying some points at different resorts assures you the 11 month window. I was under the impression that you had to have enough pts at whatever resort you were booking at the 11 month window. For example, someone owns 200 pts at BWV and 50 at VB. They call to make a res at VB at the 11 month window that will take more than 50 pts. Can you book with your BWV pts on that same call for VB? I thought if you were booking at the 11 month window and didn't have enough pts for your ressie you would have to bank and borrow appropriately for that particular resort or call back at the 7 month window for the days you wanted to add on with your non-home resort pts.

Am I confusing this?
:crazy: :crazy:

I just replied to this on the other thread, then I saw this thread...
No, points can NOT be combined at the 11 month window. Using your example, if you book a ressie for 175 pts at BWV at 11 months, you then do NOT have 75 pts to use at VB at 11 months, only the 50 in the VB contract...but you can bank and borrow within the guidelines for that contract.

vbfamily,

You are correct and I should have clarified this point in my previous post. You do have to have enough points available through current points/banking/borrowing to make a reservation at the 11 mo window.

If I own 150 at BCV and 50 at VB, and my VB reservation will take 80 points, I will need to use my current years' 50 pts + borrow 30 pts from the next year IF I want to use the 11 mo. window. I could only take 30 points from my BCV account after the 7mo. window opened up.

Hopefully I have muddied the waters even more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter