Buying Direct.... Booking 1st time question

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by GBPackers, Apr 13, 2013.

1. GBPackers

GBPackers Earning My Ears

I am getting very close to purchasing direct at OKW at $100 pp, and wondered if or what kind of room booking "power" I could get? I have my dummy reservation booked for end of Sept (just wanted to get my dining reservations made).

Any thoughts or any recommendations of where to stay at end of Sept? I will need a 1 BR.

Thanks

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

If you are buying direct, tell you guide that the deal is dependant on his/her help getting you a reservation.

You will be staying at all of the resorts during your ownership so there is no rush. You might try to get some help booking AKV Club Level.

:earsboy: Bill

4. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

OKW direct has had a significant price increase, it is currently $130.

5. GBPackers

I locked in at $100 at OKW.

6. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

So you must be on the waitlist then, sorry you post said you were getting close so I was a bit confused.

As for end of Sept you'll be running into food and wine and mnsshp so that will impact availability but on a first direct purchase they can often work magic. D point is a great app if you have a smartphone to help you see how to maximize your points based on season room type and resort. That way you can know your options and give your rep a prioritized list as thy can book you in as soon as they take that deposit.

7. GBPackers

D point app? I have DVC calculator app. That seems to work nice.

8. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

I imagine it's similar.