buying additional points for a trip

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by TEK224, Jan 11, 2013.

1. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

you need the right home resort's points to book 11 months in advance. this is always true.

use year has nothing to do with when you call to book. you just need to make sure the UY for the transferred pts covers the period of your stay. (and remember that you can bank transferred pts forward, but you cannot borrow them.)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. melindaPR

melindaPR Mouseketeer

If you bank transferred pts forward, but they are different from my UY, do the transferred pts take on MY UY?

4. chalee94

chalee94 <font color=green>I thought all sand was ground up

no.

5. montrealdisneylovers

montrealdisneylovers Mouseketeer

If you do not see anyone offering to transfer the points you need on the rent/trade board, you can always call the Timeshare Store to see if they have any available for transfer.

I did this last year after getting very frustrated with the procedure here on the rent trade board. It actually went very smoothly. You may have to take more points than you really want. Tell them exactly what you are looking for. In my experience they were very clear with me in terms of use year and whether I could bank them etc.
    Good luck:wizard:

6. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

Yes, transferred points retain their original resort and use year.

Your friends cannot transfer points to you, but they could make a reservation with those points for you (assuming you want to go before the points expire).

Yes, that should work.

7. wdwfan1

wdwfan1 DIS Veteran

As someone said you can rent points from David or The Timeshare Store. Good luck.

8. lodge

lodge DIS Veteran

What a fantastic community this is... thanks everyone!