Butter

DollyXXXX

Earning My Ears
Is it true that they don't have real butter? That would be impossible to believe with how much the cruise costs!!

What is out is a blend of butter and margarine. If you want real butter, you have to ask for it. I had no problem, but if your server doesn't understand, tell him you want the gold butter. (it's in a gold wrapper)

I thought this was really odd as well and I did not know I could ask for it. I figured it was some new thing. Next time I will definately ask.

Unfortunately, the replacement of real butter (which used to be in interesting shapes or otherwise "fancy" in its presentation) has been replaced in all three dining rooms by a margarine spread found in small plastic tubs. It is unfortunate, and a very relatively new development (economy? waste?)

You can apparently ask for real butter, but unless you do, it is no longer offered as an option.

On certain nights they also offer spreads for the bread. The only one I remember is an olive spread, a tapenade. I didn't like any of them because I didn't like the main ingredient in each 1.

We just cruised this past weekend on the Wonder. Real butter was brought out each night with dinner.

Last week on the Magic, we had to ask for real butter. They always brought it when we asked -- the little gold foil butters. :)

We couldn't believe it when all we saw was that disgusting margarine spread. A cheap and nasty cut back.:sad2: We did ask for butter and the servers had some each night for us. We also asked at Topsiders - at first they went off on a long trek and brought us 8 pats. After that they had some in the fridges behind the buffet.

We were told to ask for 'real' butter.:lmao:

Palo's brunch still has real butter. It's cut in triangular wedges and next to the cheeses. Our DD's fiance got some thinking it was cheese and put a big hunk of it on a cracker before we could stop him....;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter