Butter

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by DollyXXXX, Oct 29, 2009.

1. DollyXXXX

DollyXXXX Earning My Ears

Is it true that they don't have real butter? That would be impossible to believe with how much the cruise costs!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. clten

clten DIS Veteran

They have real butter. But usually at dinner you have to ask for it.

4. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

What is out is a blend of butter and margarine. If you want real butter, you have to ask for it. I had no problem, but if your server doesn't understand, tell him you want the gold butter. (it's in a gold wrapper)

5. poohs4me

poohs4me DIS Veteran

I thought this was really odd as well and I did not know I could ask for it. I figured it was some new thing. Next time I will definately ask.

6. Empress Room

Empress Room Mouseketeer

Unfortunately, the replacement of real butter (which used to be in interesting shapes or otherwise "fancy" in its presentation) has been replaced in all three dining rooms by a margarine spread found in small plastic tubs. It is unfortunate, and a very relatively new development (economy? waste?)

You can apparently ask for real butter, but unless you do, it is no longer offered as an option.

7. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

But hey - the POP is still free! :lmao:

8. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

On certain nights they also offer spreads for the bread. The only one I remember is an olive spread, a tapenade. I didn't like any of them because I didn't like the main ingredient in each 1.

9. iloverags2

iloverags2 DIS Veteran

We just cruised this past weekend on the Wonder. Real butter was brought out each night with dinner.

10. Rhonda

Rhonda <marquee><font color=red>Quote of the Day: <font

Last week on the Magic, we had to ask for real butter. They always brought it when we asked -- the little gold foil butters. :)

11. granmaz

granmaz Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

We couldn't believe it when all we saw was that disgusting margarine spread. A cheap and nasty cut back.:sad2: We did ask for butter and the servers had some each night for us. We also asked at Topsiders - at first they went off on a long trek and brought us 8 pats. After that they had some in the fridges behind the buffet.

We were told to ask for 'real' butter.:lmao:

12. Mickey4me!

Mickey4me! Lost my screen name so I'm starting from scratch!

Palo's brunch still has real butter. It's cut in triangular wedges and next to the cheeses. Our DD's fiance got some thinking it was cheese and put a big hunk of it on a cracker before we could stop him....;)