Busted for spreading magic at Epcot!

smnornes

Mouseketeer
Last week while at Epcot, we got 4 fastpasses for ride Test Track. We rode a few times in the regular line since there was no line, then went back to Test Track later to ride before we left the park. DD decided she didn't want to ride, so just DS and I were going to ride while DD and DH waited for us. That left us with 2 extra fastpasses...

So, in front of me I see a gentleman and what I assumed was his daughter, maybe about 6 or 7 year old, walking into the regular line which showed a 50 minute wait. Just as they were walking into the line, I stopped them and offered my two extra fastpasses. He thanked me and all was good. But then, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I guess the CM working the line had witnessed the whole thing and busted me spreading the magic! :love: He said "well, well, it looks like you're doing a good job spreading a whole bunch of magic around here, Miss! Let me see what I have in my pockets to give you." He pulled out a "Happy 35th Birthday, Walt Disney World" button for me. He really didn't have to GIVE me anything...I've given fastpasses away before and always enjoyed it. :goodvibes

So, I'm wearing this button, not really thinking much of it, when I'm approached by another CM who asks me where in WDW I work. Huh? She points to my button. Then she asked if a CM gave it to me, so I explained. So, my button must be something special, huh? Only CM have them? Does anyone know about these buttons?

Anyhow, just a little story on magic spreadin'! :cheer2:

If it's the button above, then yes they were given to us CM's for WDW's 35th Anniversary. We wore them for the week around the anniversary (10/1-10/7) as part of our costume. Way to go for spreading the pixie dust. :wizard:

Once I got a Magic Kingdom Good Citizen Award button - totally unexpected! I buy Disney pins in "lots" on eBay from people who (for whatever reason) sell them at about $2-3$ each. Then when we go to WDW I put these on a special lanyard. When a child approaches me to look at all the pins, I let her or him choose a pin from the lanyard to keep. I don't trade - I just give out pins. I always wait for a child to say something first, so that DMom and DDad won't think that I'm a stranger-danger weird person. Kids love it, and it's a small investment that brings joy to the kids and makes me feel great, too. Anyhow, a cast member saw me doing this one morning on Main Street, and he gave me the award button. :crazy:

2angelsinheaven said:

If it's the button above, then yes they were given to us CM's for WDW's 35th Anniversary. We wore them for the week around the anniversary (10/1-10/7) as part of our costume. Way to go for spreading the pixie dust. :wizard:
Yep! That's the button! Thanks!

Given the topic of this thread, I was wondering to myself ... what CM would discourage spreading the magic? I'm glad that wasn't the situation.

Wow :thumbsup2 I know why this is usually my first stop in the morning with my tea on Sat.
Keep up the magic dissers!

That was to funny DD was wearing a Tink CM badge/pass holder and was asked where she got that. I thought they sold them but they must not and everyone must not have them.

I love to hear when kindness is rewarded!!
Thanks smnores & DisneyChristmas for sharing.

that's so cool!!!! I have had things like that happen to me and my mom during our trips but it was of people giving things to us. We once got offered a thing for fantasmic and free dinner before the show!!!! So I really want a situation where I can do that for someone else. Way to spread the magic!!!!! :cool1: :thumbsup2 :wizard: :banana: :tinker: :figment: :simba

we love spreading the magic and have handed fastpasses to others lots of times when we decide not to use them. We recently joined DVC and were given, for our time, a set of Instant Fastpasses that allowed us to get FPs good for that minute! They were good for the next 3 days, 3 rides per park per day. Well, we used them at EPCOT, then were leaving the next day, so DH gave them to a family in the lobby - someone should enjoy them! :banana:

I was in Disneyland in CA this November and while in a store looking for som specific merchandise a CM came over and offered her help. I asked for the things I was looking for and she tried to help me find them or things similar. It was a bust, but I did find out that they had the technology to take pictures off my digital camera and put them on a disk, so she pointed the counter out to me and off I happily went. It turnewd out that the two getnlemen working that counter were unsure about how to do the process with a chip as old as mine. I have a hand me down digital camera so it is fairly old. One of the gentlemen went to find the expert. Everyone was very nice and very apologetic at making me wait. It was nto really a problem. Finally, the CM who knew the machine the best came and the process was started. Then the original CM came over to me and said that since I was so nice about the whole thing she wanted to reward me. I said that I was fine, but she said here and handed me a package and explained that I had to pass the picie dust on. In the package were two Tinkerbelle pins, special pins on a card that was perforated to tear off, one said keep this pin, the other said pass this pin on. It was great. I did not open the package until I found someone to pass the pin on to. I ended up giving the pin to a little girl who thought I was nervous about Splash Mountain. It is different in DL than WDW as the logs that carry you are different. Instead of side by side, you sit one behind the other in a narrower log, except the last seat which can take two. This little girl was telling me about the ride and comforting me about the drops, it was very sweet. After the ride, I asked her mother if I could give her a pin and explained the story. The girl was thrilled and her mom was pretty happy too. Talk about feeling good! Passing the pin on was better than getting one myself!

Does anyone know if they have these pins in WDW?

Smnornes - Good for you! People who are nice just for the sake of being nice should be rewarded!

DisneyChristmas said:
Once I got a Magic Kingdom Good Citizen Award button - totally unexpected! I buy Disney pins in "lots" on eBay from people who (for whatever reason) sell them at about $2-3$ each. Then when we go to WDW I put these on a special lanyard. When a child approaches me to look at all the pins, I let her or him choose a pin from the lanyard to keep. I don't trade - I just give out pins. I always wait for a child to say something first, so that DMom and DDad won't think that I'm a stranger-danger weird person. Kids love it, and it's a small investment that brings joy to the kids and makes me feel great, too. Anyhow, a cast member saw me doing this one morning on Main Street, and he gave me the award button. :crazy:

How nice. Sound like you spread Christmas joy all year. I glad you were rewarded for your kindness too! Hope you continue to be rewarded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter