Busses ?

GrimGhost

Mouseketeer
Anyone back recently from BW/BCV? Have the bus routes seperated as previously suggested?

Doc had suggested that there were to be seperate routes for Sw/Do/BW and YC/BC/BCV.

we're heading down 3/19 for a week stay at BWV. Haven't been to WDW for a while and am hoping that this change will go into effect before we arrive. DH isn't real patient with bus waits, which is why I went ahead and got a rental car.

According to reports from those at WDW just after the new routes were to have started, the old schedule was still in place. It sounds like they did NOT make the changes published except for possibly a very short trial. :(

We just returned from BWV, our first trip home! It didn't matter where we got on the buses, we always made a stop at the Swan & Dolphin before continuing on to our destination. This means that if we got on the bus at BWV, we went to the Swan immediately afterwards, and if we were coming home from a park, we always went to the Swan first. Never went to the BCV because we would walk over to BWV from the Swan rather than stay on all the way around. We know that it DID go there after the Dolphin, because it was listed as the same bus on the light up bus marquees.

Note that the bus was always empty when we got on at BWV, so my suspicion is that the BCV now have their own bus when going to the parks, but we still have to share with S&D. Seems to go against the whole bus fare thing discussed here in early Jan, but since I never stayed on the bus for a complete cycle it is hard for me to say.

I will say that only once in our nine days was the bus even close to full. That was our first night, a Monday, when we were trying to get home from Chef Mickey's. A very long commute! The rest of the time we had the bus either entirely to ourselves, or maybe shared with one or two other families. That is probably why we didn't have our own route right now. We only ran into other people in the halls once during the entire stay and there were some nights when not one person was on the Boardwalk (not worth the extra points for that time of year).

The walk from the Swan was very easy (not much longer than from the elevator to our room at BWV)! Our kids could run freely on the empty bridge and BW and it would have taken us just as long to navigate from the bus stop to our room anyway.

I will also note, that I was so surprised how few doors there were onto the BW from the Villas! It was insane. I can't believe that more staircases and exit doors aren't required. We sneaked out through the DVC area more than once. They didn't seem to mind at DVC, and made a big point of making a fuss over us in front of the potential DVCers that were taking tours. I did mention the long walk once when no potentials were around and the guy at the desk said that they are hoping that when DVC vacates that area that it will have access to the boardwalk for the villas. That would be terrific!

Feel free to pm me for more details!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter