Busses from parks to DTD?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by farah, Feb 25, 2013.

1. farah

farah Mouseketeer

Do buses run from the parks to DTD? We need to go from AK to DTD and wanted to know the best way. I'm thinking maybe going to AKL from AK and then a bus to DTD????

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

There is no direct bus to/from any park to DTD. Not sure of the best transfer hotel, but AKL sounds like it could be best.

4. MistressMerryweather

MistressMerryweather DIS Veteran

Yes, take a bus to the closest resort to AK, then take the bus. Or, take a bus to a resort closest to DTD, then a bus to DTD.
    We always take a bus to French Quarter, then we take the boat to DTD. :thumbsup2

5. kkmauch

kkmauch "Kindly do not attempt to cloud the issue with fac

You can take a bus to SSR and get off at Congress Park. Then take the quick 5 min walk over to marketplace from there

6. goopysolelady

goopysolelady DIS Veteran

Thanks for that idea! Hadn't thought about that before AND would give me a chance to visit SSR! :thumbsup2 Gotta love Disboards...ALWAYS learn new "tricks" to navigate DW! :tink:

7. farah

farah Mouseketeer

Thanks! Didn't think about going to the resorts near DTD. :) We actually have to pick up a rental car from Buena Vista Palace. I wonder if Alamo would provide a shuttle to the parks, I believe they do to the resorts??

8. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

You will want to check on the transportation board.

9. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Hopefully you will know the way from Congress Park to DTD.

You could always go back to your own resort and catch a DTD bus from there instead of taking up seats from SSR guests on their bus.

10. Yellosno

Yellosno DIS Veteran

I would get on what ever bus is there at AK that is around DTD if one is there then either take a boat bus or walk from congress park in SSR like listed above.