Bushwackers are Baaaaack. The Plans Stage 2 UPDATE 1/11

DARuss

Tag. You're it.
The “should I start a PTR/TR this year???”

The Bushwackers are going baaaaack.....UPDATE 1/6 :cool1:

For starters, Last year when I started my TR I was told that the rest of the crew would be in on the report to get the party started. Well, those of you that might have followed me over there will know that I think ONE of the crew posted a grand total of TWO times. :mad:

Fast forward to this year: DW (CleanLady aka:CL):hug: , DD8 princess: and myself :cool2: made ressies at BWV again this year planning on going by ourselves possibly meeting up with some different friends (the same ones we went with in 07). Due to the “18 wheeler thing” at the end of last years trip, SG (Stacgirl) thought she would not want to go back to Disney for a while. This being said, our ressies consisted of only a 1 BR villa.

Well, a couple months after making our ressies, BG aka: BigGuy (SG’s hubby) says that he wants to surprise SG with a trip back to Disney. :yay: Once he makes his decision, I call DVC but no 2BR’s are available. I am on the wait list though. BG makes his own ressies just incase the 2BR does not come through.

It wasn’t too much longer before SG finds out about the trip via the post office. BG says she never checks the PO box. Yeah right. The ONE time she does is when the packet comes in. :sad2:

Now that she knows what he has done, she is sooooooo excited about our trip again. DUH, who wouldn’t be excited about going back to the happy place??? :banana: :banana:

Well, this is the question. Will my crew join me in the fun in planning and also join us Disney fanatics here to share the fun. If they are willing to join in on this part of the fun I am asking them to post some comments here so I know if/how I might continue reporting here. :confused3

If anyone has some suggestions to sucker, I mean, get them over here, I am open to them. The only catch is that I want to have a LOT of FUN. ::yes::

Help Wanted.:flower3:

Quick links:
Below are some links to updates. They are color coded as to which Bushwacker is making the update, just incase you don't want to read all the other goofy stuff that might be going on. :confused3
My updates
CL's updates, (She will be here.) :)
SG's opinions
JM's contributions

UPDATES:
Should I start a PTR?

A woman's version
JM's story
Title Change
The new additions
The Making of the Plans
Reservations making me crazy!!
The Plans Stage 2
Last minute updates

Hello everyone....I am Stacgirl also known to some of you as SG from the Buskwackers.

I will give all of you all a very quick story about me and my family.
We went to Disney World last year with some very good friends of ours, The Russo's :worship:

We had a wonderful time all 7 days of our trip.:cool1:
We left to head back home and got hit by an 18 wheeler....that did not feel so good. :sick: We all made it out of the wreck and made it back home to our loving families and the Russo's. :worship:

I made it clear to my husband I did not want to go back to Disney for the next trip only because I was so scared of driving that far. Did I mention we were hit by an 18 wheeler last time. :scared1: (I have to remind Mr.Russo, he forgets)

Well long story short my husband called the Russo's :worship: and told them he wanted to suprise me with a vacation to Disney since I cannot really remember our last trip in January 08.:scared:

I checked the mail and tada... there was a Disney envelope and I thought to myself.... He Has gone and booked us a vacation. :banana: I was so excited I wanted to dance :dance3:

I love my husband for doing this for me, if it was not for him I dont know if I would ever go back. Fear is controlling me :scared1:

Well we are all going back this year, same members of the Bushwackers as last year with the exception of 10 week old Jacob and Mrs Kay. She is my mother and has never been to Disney. I know she will love it so she is coming with us this year. :yay:

I will do my best to contribute to this trip report.... If I dont I am afraid King of the Bushwackers will hurt me :headache:

I came to find out the plans.
You guys were suppose to have a meeting last week Friday.......

We had a wonderful time all 7 days of our trip.
We left to head back home and got hit by an 18 wheeler....that did not feel so good. We all made it out of the wreck and made it back home to our loving families and the Russo's.
OMG!!

Glad you are excited about going back.

We do have plans that were made last friday. We still have more plans to work out. I will be getting another update with some of our plans shortly. Everything went a little crazy down here. We had about 6" of snow on thursday. Something that we haven't had in about 20 years. :banana: :banana: And because of that weather every thing has gone a little haywire around here.

I will be back soon with more. I promise.
:flower3:

Ok so here I am David--just for you! I'm Katie another Bushwacker from 2008 trip. My husband and I went to Disney on our Honeymoon in 2006 and The Russo's were gracious enough to invite us in 2008. We had a fabulous time except for the whole 18-wheeler accident on the way home. But we were all ok thankfully and didn't even realize we had a little miracle that made it through the accident as well. Isn't God amazing! On October 29, 2008 the newest member of the Bushwackers arrived--Jacob Kenneth weighing in at 7 pounds 13 ounces and not a scratch on him.

My sister-in-law StacGirl broke the news that they were going again this year. I couldn't let them go without us. So I coerced my husband into letting us go only this time we are taking seperate vehicles and I'm taking my birth control!! We figured Jacob would like to see Disney from the outside of my belly this time. Grandma Kay is coming too and we are all staying at the Carribean Beach Resort hopefully with adjoining rooms (Cross our fingers!).

As always David has the dining reservations taken care of. Look--we live in Louisiana, we like to eat!! We bought a fancy jogging stroller and are gearing up for how to make this trip with a 4 month old. Shouldn't be too bad--all he does is eat, sleep and poop. I'm sure we will have another Disney meeting with more updates to follow.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!:yay:

Hey Katie aka:LB(lil bit) made it. :banana: :banana:

I guess you will be JM from now on, with this report. :cool1:

I think we have all of our ADRs done, for now anyway. All I need to do is put them all together and post them soon. May not be as much fud as last year,:scared1: but I think we'll survive. ::yes::

Here is a link to the post on last years TR telling a little about the 18 wheeler thing. It has been an on going joke since last year. We don't call it an accident any more. Since they were hit by an 18 wheeler we just refer to it as the 18 wheeler thing now. :sad2:

Well, since JM is here I guess I will go a head with a PTR. With any luck I'll get CL on board too. :hug: So that is the reason for the new title.

OK lets get started with it..................

Bushwackers are BaaacK……………..with new editions…

Hello again Disney fanatics. The time is coming for the 2009 version of the Bushwacker in vasion. Don’t be confused by the heading. We are not traveling with the 80’s (and early 90’s) band. Bobby Brown is not invited on this vacation. We have 2 more Bushwackers traveling with us this trip.

A quick insight: The reason for our title is that we are from a small community called Bush. We have been called worse, I’m sure, but this one seems to be the most accepted so far. Besides, I am starting this TR and I am the KING of the Bushwackers and it is the title I like most. :snooty:

When we were together last. We had departed the Happy place headed back to reality. :scared:
We, (DW, DD8 and me) invited very close friends and neighbors along with her brother and his DW to travel and stay with us to the world last Jan. Here is a link to that TR. Well due to the 18 wheeler thingy, SG said it would snow here before she would go back to Disney again. Oh Yeah???:wizard:
Well…………. Here are a few pictures of the weather from about 2 weeks ago.

snowswing-1.jpg

snowcoveredazalas.jpg

Can you find the hidden mickey???

HiddenMickeysm-1.jpg

Now that has been taken care of, I will introduce you to the Bushwackers class of 2009.:teacher:
I’ll start with me. I am the self-proclaimed King of the Bushwackers. I make most of the ressies, with approval of the rest of the crew, of course. They are really easy to please. Like most of us, they don’t care just glad to be at Disney.::yes::
CL (CleanLady)- Wife of the King. CL is my wonderful bride. :bride: Where I spend so much time researching and making plans for our trip, she spends equally as much time, and much more, cleaning up after me. I’m not known for being very neat but our home is NEVER messy. Not only does she work a full time job, but she also manages to keep our home very clean and believe me, that is no easy task with DD8 and myself.

DD8 also known as Daddy’s Girl. This is our youngest and only one still at home. She will be turning 9 on Christmas day. This is going to be her 3rd trip to WDW. Our first year I was able to get her on rides like ToT, SM, and EE. Our 2nd year I could not get her on ToT or EE. I am hopeful that she will go with me on ToT this year.

SG(Stacgirl). SG is a friend of CLs and now has been blessed with the rest of us as an adopted family. :grouphug: She is the next as far as fanatics go in this group (me being the tops in this category). She watched “my little buddy” aka: Brownie, for us the first year we went to Disney then we had to get her mom to take care of that last Jan since we were taking her with us. Thank God for mommas. :flower3:

BG(BigGuy) He is the better half of SG. Shhhh, don’t tell her I said that tho.:rotfl2: This year was supposed to be a surprise trip for SG but she had to go and check the mail when she was not supposed to. She was still not sold on going this year till a couple of weeks ago. BTW, that is the earliest that it has ever snowed down here and first time in over 10 years I think that is has snowed at all here.:rolleyes1

LM (Lil’Man)- (Lil’Man)- this little fella belongs to BG & SG. pirate: He had a blast with us last year and is looking forward to going back in Jan. He is also the only one that did not get injured of the ones involved in the 18 wheeler thing. :cool2:

Jon (Jon) He received this name because of his frequent needs. I was warned about this prior to last years trip. I was kinda proud of him though. We only stopped 10 times in a 650 mile trip. Not too bad I guess. :confused3 LOL He wasn’t that bad. Jon is big bro to SG. He is a blast to be around and the main reason the lines were sooooo long on KRR. :rolleyes1

JM (Jake’sMom) aka lil’ Bit. On last years trip JM was known as Lil Bit, but for some reason she has decided to change her name. :wizard: She is wife to Jon. JM was so very kind as to watch all of our belongings while the rest of us stood in the unbelievable long lines for KRR. :angel: She is also a brand new Mom (I think she got pregnant during the last invasion, must have been the pixie dust) pixiedust: The reason I am introducing her now is an attempt at somewhat of a segway into the introduction of the new additions.

To be continued.......with a few more pics and new additions

The first of the new additions is also the youngest of the Bushwackers.

Jake (Jake). He is the brand new Bushwacker. He is going to be 4 months old, I think, when we depart for the happy place. Since he was conceived in the happy place and his mom and dad spent their honeymoon there it is only fitting that his 1st vacation be there too. :yay:

Jake.jpg

This brings us to the last of our new additions to the invasion of ’09.

GM (gramaw) I was going to name her Big Momma because she has a heart as big as Texas and she is Mom to SG & Jon. :scared1: I was going to call her BM for short but I thought she might get a little upset with me if/when she read this so I decided against it. :rolleyes: Anyway, she is gramaw (gamaw) to LM & Jake. DD8 has adopted her too. :dance3: This is going to be GM's first trip to the world so I don’t want anyone giving away secrets to her before we get there, OK!!!:flower3: I can’t wait to get some of these pictures. I love to see the faces on people as they walk down main street for the very first time. :thumbsup2 The only problem we are having is that this is two years in a row that our pet sitter has decided to travel with us the following year. I think we might need to think REAL hard on who we have watching brownie this year because it seems like it might be a good chance they will be going to with us to Disney next year. :scared:

Here is GM pictured with Jake:
MrsKayJacobsm.jpg

Here are the ideas that we have so far. We have started a little bit of a tradition now with our arrival to the happy place. We are not scheduled to arrive at the Happy Place until around 2:00pm. After we check in, we head to DTD to do a little shopping, try out the Ultimate Margarita before having dinner at Capt Jack’s.

Another one of the eateries that seem to be a favorite of the Bushwackers is the WCC. I believe this is because of the unequalled friendly service and the solidarity of this establishment. Oh yea, the food ain’t to bad either.

The 3rd of our must do places to grubb is the Coral Reef. Being from down south most of us, I mean, all of us love our seafood. The King Crab Legs were defiantly a favorite of our crew. Of course JMs diver and the personalized menus for a hit too.

Next, a start of our ADRs..........................

Merry Christmas to all our disney fantics out there. I hope that it is a great day for all of you. :grouphug:

:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:
:santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

:banana: :yay: :banana:

I am so glad to see you are going on another trip.

Happy Holidays! :santa:

Hey Phibbles, welcome aboard.:cool1:

We are going to make an attempt at another TR this year. I think it'll be fun again this time. :cheer2:

Hope you and your family had a great Christmas.:santa:

Hey Phibbles, welcome aboard.:cool1:

We are going to make an attempt at another TR this year. I think it'll be fun again this time. :cheer2:

Hope you and your family had a great Christmas.:santa:

I look forward to reading the TR.

Our holiday was very nice, thank you.

Hello everone. I am the better half of DARuss. :love: This is my first time posting and looking foward to participating in the report this year. I hope it turns out to be a good one. :cool1: Our trip is getting real close and I am getting so excited. :banana: I can't believe we have been 2 times and there is so much we have yet to see or do. This year we are planning on spending a little more time at Downtown Disney. I don't think we are going to spend quite as much time at the MK as we did last year. :rotfl2:

I am looking foward to see the finding nemo show, the Lion King festival and getting to ride Splash Mountain this year. This will be the first time that SM is open while we are there. :yay: It is being referbished but supposed to open a week before we get there. :banana:

I am jumping on board for this report. Where is Bush Louisian? I live in coteau which is practically New Iberia. How long does it take you to drive there. This will be our first time driving and I was just wondering how long it takes you to get there. I think mapquest said it will take us 12 hours. We went this year for Mardi Gras with a 7 month old baby. It was ok. We really only had one incident where she reached out and grabbed a hand full of steaming hot spaghetti from my plate at Tony's. She wouldn't let it go and she was screaming. We had to pry it out of her hand. I had to spend the meal sitting with her in the lobby with ice on her hand. I gave her some Tylenol and she was fine. It didn't even blister. She took alot of naps in her stroller. She was good. I think baby Jacob will do fine. I can't wait to hear more about your trip.

I am jumping on board for this report. Where is Bush Louisian? I live in coteau which is practically New Iberia. How long does it take you to drive there. This will be our first time driving and I was just wondering how long it takes you to get there. I think mapquest said it will take us 12 hours. We went this year for Mardi Gras with a 7 month old baby. It was ok. We really only had one incident where she reached out and grabbed a hand full of steaming hot spaghetti from my plate at Tony's. She wouldn't let it go and she was screaming. We had to pry it out of her hand. I had to spend the meal sitting with her in the lobby with ice on her hand. I gave her some Tylenol and she was fine. It didn't even blister. She took alot of naps in her stroller. She was good. I think baby Jacob will do fine. I can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Welcome aboard and thanks for reading.:cool1: Bush is about 12 miles north of Covington. It takes us about 10-11 hours and we are about 2 hours and 15 mins from New Iberia. If we don't have many stops we can make it in 10 hours. On the way home in Jan 07 we made 3 - 15 min stops and was home in 10 hours. So ya'll should be able to make that drive in 12 hours. :thumbsup2 The longest part of the drive is once we pass Pensacola untill we get to Tallahassee. A whole lot of pine trees to look at.:scared1:

It's really not a bad drive and it's nice to not have too many restrictions on packing room like we would have if we were to fly.

Well due to the 18 wheeler thingy, SG said it would snow here before she would go back to Disney again. Oh Yeah???:wizard:
Well…………. Here are a few pictures of the weather from about 2 weeks ago.

snowswing-1.jpg

snowcoveredazalas.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: Guess SG was not expecting snow so soon! :lmao:

Nice pictures! You have a LOT of trees!

I just read through your entire other TR (the one you link to in your siggy) last night. It sounds like it was a great trip! I am looking forward to following along with this one. I linked here from coteau_chick's pre-trip report.

Happy (late) Birthday to your now DD9!

:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: Guess SG was not expecting snow so soon! :lmao:

Nice pictures! You have a LOT of trees!

I just read through your entire other TR (the one you link to in your siggy) last night. It sounds like it was a great trip! I am looking forward to following along with this one. I linked here from coteau_chick's pre-trip report.

Happy (late) Birthday to your now DD9!

No, I don't think SG was for quite a while. :rotfl2: But she is super excited now.

Yes, we do have a "few" trees. We lost several during hurricane Katrina, some of my favorite ones too. It is a lot easier when it comes to grass cutting tho. :thumbsup2

Thanks for reading and welcome onboard. I'm glad you liked the last TR. This trip should be even more fun. :banana:

DD now 9, says thank you and Happy New Year.

We always loose trees in the hurricanes. We cut it up and use it for fire wood. I should say dh cuts it up. I just watch. He recently had most of the trees on one side of our house bulldozed down. We have a pile of trees as tall as our house to burn. I am scared it is going to melt the siding off our house. We are going to re plant trees. We are going to plant live oaks. The trees he knocked down are water oaks and they were half way dead. The hurricanes shake the roots and mess with them. Live oaks are better. The side of our property looks naked now.

Hi!!! I'm Alisa from Houma. :wave2: I came over from Coteau Chick's TR after I saw your post. I'm subscribing to keep up to date. I hope all of your "family" has a blast at WDW. Oh, I definately know where Bush is, we used to go the the Seafood House. We would walk in the door then get rolled out the door after eating so much food. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter