buses & babies

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by LibraryGirl, May 21, 2003.

1. LibraryGirl

LibraryGirl Earning My Ears

Hi! I will be staying at WL with my mom & my sister & my sister's children, age 3 years and 5 months. Our game plan is to visit a park in the morning, returning to WL about 11 ish.

We plan on going to MK, AK, Epcot, and perhaps a water park. We'll have 2 umbrella strollers.

My question: riding on the buses with the babies. Do we need carseats? Or will they be sitting on our laps? How crowded are the buses going back to the resorts at that time of day?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dznyntnh

dznyntnh DIS Veteran

Kids sit in your lap and stroller have to be folder up before you get on the bus.

4. dznyntnh

dznyntnh DIS Veteran

I meant folded.

See what happen when your supposed to working and your mucking around in here instead. :rolleyes:

5. peg2001

peg2001 <font color=FF6600>Can drive DH away with a banana

Buses will not be too crowded from park to resort at 11:00. Busiest times seems to be first thing in the morning, after special events (fireworks, parades, etc), and at park closing.

You might consider taking a sling for the 5-month-old. This is very convenient while waiting in ride lines since you can't have strollers in the line. Also, you might want to consider whether it would be nice to have a reclining stroller for the baby so naps would be more comfortable.

As was previously posted, babies will ride in your lap on the buses and the strollers must be folded. There are no seatbelts so car seats would not be of any help. Plus, can you imagine trying to schlep 2 carseats around the parks?

It sounds like you'll have the babies outnumbered (3 adults to 2 children). This is always a good plan!!

Peggy

6. Gillian

Gillian <marquee><font color=green>I'm the only crazy disn

A friend just came back from the World. She bought a cheapie ($30) kolcraft stroller with recline, hood, basket, cup holders & loved it! It is very small & light. Just something to think about for the little one. :)