Buses at POP

reggiemcp

Mouseketeer
Hi

I am so nuts:confused3 , just downgraded from AKL to POP in order to be a responsible adult and not go crazy with our spending. I am not a snob but I have been spoiled by our recent splurges to Deluxes, due to AP rates, etc. Looked at moderates, but nothing available and not that big a diff on what I got with AKL.

However, I digress, we are now booked at POP and it looks fun from what I can see. I am worried about the buses, as we have a 2 year and a stroller. Will they be a nightmare? Will we standing and squashed each bus trip, waiting long time for buses, etc? Planning a view early mornings and 2 late nights, will that make it worse? Does everyone still just crowd around the bus and not make a line (did that when we were at All Stars), or is it more organized now?

We are going May 5th - 13th, hoping it won't be too crowded, also booked preferred room so we would be close to main drag.

Help me out here people, please.......................:scared:

The nice thing about POP is that you stand in the que area, same as if you where in MK waiting for a ride. There is no mad dash to the line when a bus pulls up. Typically the hole que plus more will fit on a bus. Buses run very frequently. I like POP for this very reason.

We will be at POP tomorrow for 5 nights!

My wife and I have been at POP for the last two Christmases and New Years (busiest time of year). We've had no problems with the buses. There are queues for each bus and you will wait on average about 10 minutes for a bus (they come every 20 mins). If you are going to a park with EMH in the morning they put extra buses on so there isn't a full 20 minute wait between buses. As to whether or not you will get a seat on the bus or have to stand...that depends on where you are standing in line when the bus gets there. You're playing roulette. In terms of coming back from the park at closing...the longest I've waited for a bus to POP was 20 minutes (although when you are tired at the end of the day it may feel like 30 minutes). The nice thing about POP is that it is central to all parks making the ride to the parks in the morning before the roads get too busy (or late afternoon after an afternoon break back at the hotel) quite quick. I actually timed each ride last year (I know...I have a problem).

Time from POP to Parks depending on traffic lights etc...

MK...12-14 minutes
EP...7-9 minutes
MGM...5-7 minutes
AK...8-10 minutes

We stayed at Pop in Feb. and we liked everything about it. We weren't dealing with strollers, but I didn't think the bus service was any better or worse than the deluxes I've been to. I really didn't expect to love this resort, but I did!

I would cross the bus situation off your list of things to worry about. It's pretty good. The only thing is that you will have to fold your stroller to get on the bus. If it's very combersome, well, it's very combersome.

You might have to be standing and they do try and get as many people on board as possible. I wouldn't call it crushed together. One of you should be holding the stroller, the other one your child or your child's hand. People are pretty nice about everything. If there are seats available, you might consider having the person who has the stroller stand (just because it's easier) so that frees up one more seat for someone. And that person doesn't have to stand right with you. You're going to the same place anyway.

We just came back you'll have no problem we saw many strollers/kids with us on bus,lines were orderly wait time 10min.We had a perf room in the 70's building A it was a great location.

The nice thing about POP is that you stand in the que area, same as if you where in MK waiting for a ride. There is no mad dash to the line when a bus pulls up. Typically the hole que plus more will fit on a bus. Buses run very frequently. I like POP for this very reason.

We will be at POP tomorrow for 5 nights!

Just an FYI the All Stars added queues in 2003 or 2004 (I think)for the buses also.

All the values have the queues now and yes it does make the loading of the buses quicker, safer, and more orderly.

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter