Buses at Downtown Disney

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by SugarPlumFairyUK, Feb 3, 2013.

1. SugarPlumFairyUK

SugarPlumFairyUK Mouseketeer

Hi everyone. Am I correct in thinking that you can get buses to more or less everywhere from DTD? The theme parks and all the Disney hotels?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KrazeeK120

KrazeeK120 DIS Veteran

You cannot get to Disney parks from DTD.

There were too many problems with people parking there for free to circumvent paying to park at the theme parks.

You can get to all of the resorts from DTD.

4. SugarPlumFairyUK

SugarPlumFairyUK Mouseketeer

Thanks for your reply - that's great. I was interested as we're staying at a nearby Disney resort and thought it would be useful for dinner reservations at other hotels - I do all the driving so it means I can enjoy a glass or two of vino!

I'm just wondering how late buses return back to DTD though in the evening? Any ideas folks?

5. msb578

msb578 Downgraded

2 AM I believe.

6. Alesia

Alesia DIS Veteran

Buses between resorts and DTD are fairly slow. It's generally better to transfer at a park.

7. figment_jii

figment_jii DIS Veteran

As the PPs have said, you can get from resort to resort via transfers at DTD, but this can be a fairly lengthy process. The rule of thumb is to allow about 45 minutes per leg of the journey, so allow about 90 minutes to get from resort to resort. Personally, I would take a taxi. It'll probably be about $25 to get anywhere on property.

8. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

The bus hubs at DTD are only good in the afternoons and evenings.

In the mornings, they do what is called Dead-heading or divert buses from carrying passengers to the parks, to a resort area if enough people are sitting waiting for a bus.

I have waited up to 50 minutes one morning, before I knew that.

In the evenings, it is good to come back from a resort without having to remember which park to go to, depending on how late each is open and still taking people back to resorts.

DTD buses run until 2 am, so it is a great way to get back to the resorts that are located near DTD, such as SSR, THV, OKW, POR, and POFQ. I am not sure about the off-site hotels that are located near DTD - how late they run. But you would certainly be able to walk to a few of them; you can see them from the bus hub.