Busch Gardens Tampa

mkaccountant

Mouseketeer
HI! :wave2: We are planning on making our last day in Florida a trip down to Tampa to Busch Gardens on Dec 1. Has anyone done the Christmas Town "stuff" at BGT? We went to the BGW Christmas Town last year and had a great time! I would highly recommend it!
Besides the Christmas festivities, what recommendations does anyone have? This will be our first time at BGT! I love coasters, DH is ok with them. We both enjoy shows and animals.

We went to the one at WIlliamsburg last year and I think it is very different from Tampa in that in Willsbrg only one roller coaster was open and several other rides were not open.
In Tampa the park is open daily year round and most will be operational.
We will be in Tampa a few days and tour BG in the day but not do Christmas Town because of the separate ticket required.
Are you going to buy a ticket to see BG in the day? The animals are a great attraction and the roller coasters are good. I really enjoyed our day there and look forward to a return visit.
Hope you have a great time :)

We went to the one at WIlliamsburg last year and I think it is very different from Tampa in that in Willsbrg only one roller coaster was open and several other rides were not open.
In Tampa the park is open daily year round and most will be operational.
We will be in Tampa a few days and tour BG in the day but not do Christmas Town because of the separate ticket required.
Are you going to buy a ticket to see BG in the day? The animals are a great attraction and the roller coasters are good. I really enjoyed our day there and look forward to a return visit.
Hope you have a great time :)

We have the platinum pass for BGW, so I am trying to decide if we should do the Christmas Town festivities at BGT or not since we did it last December at BGW and can again this year. We may just do the regular BGT for the animals and coasters. Did you find the "experience" better at BGW since it was cooler and more winterish?

We have the platinum pass for BGW, so I am trying to decide if we should do the Christmas Town festivities at BGT or not since we did it last December at BGW and can again this year. We may just do the regular BGT for the animals and coasters. Did you find the "experience" better at BGW since it was cooler and more winterish?

We did the Christmas Bounce last year over Thanksgiving weekend. It was very very crowded Friday night. Saturday was a little less busy but I think the crowds diminished our enjoyment.
I did think it was decorated very pretty but sadly it just made me wish we were at Disney.
We had been to BGW a few years prior and missed some of the rides that were not operating at that time of year. We did go back in March and ride them though:).
If I were you I would probably go to Tampa in the day if the Christmastown crowds are anything like Williamsburg. I think a December day in Tampa is very managable crowd wise.
You can have cooler weather in Florida in December. We usually swim a few days then a cold snap comes and we are in sweatshirts.

We have the annual passports to BGT, and I believe this year will be the first year they will offer the separate ticket event for the Christmas event. Not much information has been released yet. I think it will be similar to BGW but with most to all of the attractions operating (at least the ones that can operate given the times and weather). We are looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter