Busch Gardens Howl-o-Scream detailed Picture Walkthrough and Review

Marquibiri

HHN Addict!
After attending HHN for 5 consecutive years, I decided to finally include a trip down to Tampa to visit Busch Gardens (which I had not been to since 1988!) and for Howl-o-Scream.
The park was great, no queues, and went for the front row on all coasters. Loved Shreika!
Anywho, this picture walkthrough and house reviews is for Howl-o-Scream.
Let me just say how much I loved the event. I went on the first Thursday after Freaky Preview, Thursday September 27th.
Here goes:

Arrived at Busch Gardens the previous day before park opening. Rode all rides and got to know the park well.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

The day of the event arrived a bit later, using the shuttle from the hotel I booked (Holiday Inn Express & Suites). The shuttle ride was great! The hotel was very good too, and so near.

Did more rides and took a picture of some of the props inside the Shop of Horrors. Also purchased the HoS t-shirt.

007.jpg

008.jpg

By 4:45 I was outside Desert Grill getting ready for Fright Feast.

009.jpg

If you don’t know what Fright Feast is, see and read the picture below..

011.jpg

By 5:00pm, I exchanged my vouchers with the event wristband, as well as the purple Fright Feast wristband (gave me early access to houses from 7 to 7:30pm and then front of the line until 8:30pm, excellent deal).

010.jpg

By 5:55, I was let in (second one in after what I believe to be a tour group). To the left, there was a picture spot with some naughty nurses (still not out though) and to the right, the bar!

012.jpg

013.jpg

Continues…

Marquibiri :thumbsup2

Here are some pics of the buffet and show. To my surprise, it was pretty good!

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

..And of course, I needed to purchase the souvenir mug (which I like much more than that of HHN with the blood they had for XX and 21) with lots of alcohol.

027.jpg

Now I was all set to watch Fiends! It started at 6:30pm and it was pretty good!

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

Continues…..

About five minutes before the show was over (6:55pm) I left the Desert Grill to find these creatures waiting for me outside…

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

I quickly took their picture and headed to Zombie Mortuary (I had carefully practice the route I would take for the event, during the event. I even timed myself during the day!).

036.jpg

I was the only one waiting for 7pm to come by and go in…
037.jpg

038.jpg

At 7 sharp I was let in, all by myself, and was the first one in the house! Here’s another pic (a bit blurry and terrible angle) which I took later in the evening of a zombie outside the Mortuary house(kinda reminds me of the zombie girl of the Walking Dead House found outside the actual house).

039.jpg

I then jogged, yes, jogged to Nevermore..

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

From there, I dashed to Ultimate Gamble, zooming past the Faded Memories scarezone. The scareactors kept saying, “Where are you going”! It was hilarious…

When I arrived at Ultimate Gamble, it was 7:27pm, a few guests waiting for the 7:30pm opening time were lined up to enter the house. I showed the fright feast wristband and was let in right away. Loved the house and oh, by the way, that makes it three houses I went through all alone with no one else around, so that is totally different and more spooky experience…

046.jpg

047.jpg

Continues..

From Ultimate Gamble, I kept on dashing, through Zagora Café to NightShade Toys,..

048.jpg

049.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

..and then straight to Blood Asylum..

052.jpg

Finally, Circus of Superstition…

053.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

056.jpg

Done! All houses done by 7:55pm. Amazing, wonderful, excellent… But wait, I still have half hour of front of the line, so let’s get back to it! Wait times were amazing anyway…

057.jpg

By 8:30, I had redone Zombie Mortuary, Nevermore, and Ultimate Gamble again using the Front of Line. Then, started doing the houses in the normal line and there was minimal wait all night long! I loved it! After the fourth time around the park, my feet were killing me, so for the fifth run, I did the houses twice! That’s 6 times in total per house. I had to skip Zombie Mortuary on the fifth turn because it had a 20 minute wait. Imagine that, a 20 minute wait only! I want back after midnight and the line died to 5 minutes and did it twice, just to say that I had done all houses 6 times.

Oh yeah, I also had an 11:30pm ressie for Alone, all by myself…

076.jpg

077.jpg

078.jpg

079.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

Continues..

Here are a few other pictures of scareactors, the faded memories area, and shows..

058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

061.jpg

062.jpg

063.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

At 1:15 I left the event and took pictures of the decorations and props at the entrance of the park..

082.jpg

083.jpg

084.jpg

085.jpg

086.jpg

Excellent event! I’ll try to follow-up this thread with the house reviews (from what I can remember) shortly….(this week)…

Thanks for reading…

Cheers!

Thanks so much for the pics...I am an HOS scream veteran, and I learned years ago that Fright Feast is worth EVERY penny. My hubby and I can usually manage all the house before the 8:30 end time as well. Its awesome. We are going on the 25th, and Thursday and hoping for cool weather and low crowds!

Great pics! We moved to Tampa last year, and haven't attended the HOS event before. I have a 14 year old who thinks she is brave and wants to do both HOS and HHN, but she's only ever been to kiddie haunted houses, so we are a bit nervous about her doing. And my 12 year old is scared of ALL, she is afraid of Haunted Mansion at Disney, so pretty sure she won't be wanting to go any time soon, LOL. What are your thoughts on the level of the fright factor? Would HOS be a good way to introduce dd14 to "real" haunted houses? I am thinking that my dh would take her, since she already tried to talk us into going with her friends, and we were pretty confident that would NOT be a good idea. I want her to get a good fright but hopefully not be so scared that it is a bad thing, ya know?

Thanks so much for the pics...I am an HOS scream veteran, and I learned years ago that Fright Feast is worth EVERY penny. My hubby and I can usually manage all the house before the 8:30 end time as well. Its awesome. We are going on the 25th, and Thursday and hoping for cool weather and low crowds!

Agree! Fright Feast is a must! I hope I will be able to fly in (from overseas) again next year and attend the event.
I actually wanted to do a private tour but couldn't book it by myself, neede 2 ppl at least. I think I saved a good deal of money doing it by myself and at my fast pace...

Great pics! We moved to Tampa last year, and haven't attended the HOS event before. I have a 14 year old who thinks she is brave and wants to do both HOS and HHN, but she's only ever been to kiddie haunted houses, so we are a bit nervous about her doing. And my 12 year old is scared of ALL, she is afraid of Haunted Mansion at Disney, so pretty sure she won't be wanting to go any time soon, LOL. What are your thoughts on the level of the fright factor? Would HOS be a good way to introduce dd14 to "real" haunted houses? I am thinking that my dh would take her, since she already tried to talk us into going with her friends, and we were pretty confident that would NOT be a good idea. I want her to get a good fright but hopefully not be so scared that it is a bad thing, ya know?

My daughter is 1 year old. I still have to wait quite a few years (more like a decade + a couple years) before thinking about taking her.

I enjoy horror, suspense, thriller movies!
The fright factor was pretty high, IMHO, especially since I did a few houses all by myself. I took my wife to HHN two years ago and she left the park after the second house (she went back to the hotel).
Worst case scenario, she can skip the houses if she doesn't like the first one. Going behind a conga line is not the same as going alone, so that might help..

Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!