Bus Transport for EMH

pineapple04

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, so I apologize in advance if someone's already asked this question.

My husband and I will be staying at the Art of Animation next month for just a few short days. Such being the case, we want to make the most of our theme park time by participating in Extra Magic Hours. Will bus transportation be available to/from our resort for this? I've heard in several places that buses run about an hour before/after park closing, but wasn't clear if this included EMH. Is taxi service available throughout WDW as a last resort?

Thanks in advance!

Disney bus service to/from parks runs normally to include extra magic hours.

Including from about an hour before AM EMH starts (actually from about 6:30 AM if EMH starts after 7:30) all the way until (as far as CMs can determine) all guests are out of the park after PM EMH.

After about an hour after PM EMH ends and only a few guests are straggling out of the park at a time, buses may wait awhile to board several guests and may make stops at multiple resorts.

Taxis are available any time but there may or may not be one waiting at the resort entrance or park entrance all the time. For Magic Kingdom you must go to the parking lot (via monorail or ferry) to get a taxi.

The buses start running, every morning, at 6:30am. These buses tend to run a bit less frequently than the normal buses (that start running an hour or so prior to park opening). If you are just planning on heading to morning EMHs, then you will be fine using the buses. If a park opens at 8am, the buses will start running more frequently by 7am.
For park closing, after evening EMHs, the buses will run until everyone is out of the parks..usually for 60-90 mins after the park closes for the night.
If you need a cab, you will be able to find one..won't be an issue.

For Magic Kingdom you must go to the parking lot (via monorail or ferry) to get a taxi.

Another option would be to walk from MK over to the Contemporary to get a taxi. This would be faster during busy exit times at MK when there are lines for the ferry and monorail.

seashoreCM said:
Disney bus service to/from parks runs normally to include extra magic hours.

Including from about an hour before AM EMH starts (actually from about 6:30 AM if EMH starts after 7:30) all the way until (as far as CMs can determine) all guests are out of the park after PM EMH.

After about an hour after PM EMH ends and only a few guests are straggling out of the park at a time, buses may wait awhile to board several guests and may make stops at multiple resorts.

I'm not saying that doesnt happen but in all my trips that has never been my experience and I am an avid user of late night EMH at the parks esp MK!! I love to hang out and wait for the 'Kiss Goodnight' which doesn't occur for an hour after park closing. and then by the time you work you way to the entrance, snap a few cool pics of the empty streets, etc...at that point we clearly are the stragglers leaving the park. The transportation CMs ask where we are staying and they dispatch a bus to pick us up. Best part is they always send us to one of the closest bus stops to the entrance. When we have exited with people staying at other resorts they have never put us all on the same bus, the send us all back on separate buses. Again, not saying they can't do it that way, but I have stayed many times and never experienced that. :)

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter