1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Bus to Magic Kingdom - clear up argument!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by dara00, Oct 17, 2012.

1. goofy4tink

goofy4tink No tags...not needed! Transportation moderator Moderator

I hate to be argumentative, but really??? First you have to get to Epcot, which means entering it, using park passes. That walk will take about 10 mins. Then, enter Epcot, walk to the front...about 20 mins..then wait for the monorail, could be 2 min, could be 15 mins. Ride to the TTC 10-12 mins, then walk to the GF via the Polynesian. And that walk from the TTC to GF??? 25+ mins. Close to 75 mins total.
    Much quicker to head to MK from the Dolphin....then boat to GF. Wait for the bus (maybe 2-15 mins), ride to MK (about 20 mins with other stops), walk to boat area (3 mins) boat wait (1-15 mins) ride to GF (10 mins). Maybe just under an hour, but more likely to be about 45 mins....with little walking.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. KonaKaiTom

KonaKaiTom DIS Veteran

Pardon me, I don't recall suggesting anywhere in my post that this was the FASTEST way to get there. I believe I suggested it as an ALTERNATIVE. But, since you hate to be argumentative, I won't debate with you. I enjoy walking, I enjoy the parks and I do not enjoy buses. But thank you so much for pointing out that I apparently am incorrect.

Tom

4. dara00

dara00 DIS Veteran

thanks for all the suggestions. I'm sticking with my plan of bus to MK and monorail to gf because I love the monorail, but maybe using the boat instead. I'm glad there are a lot of ways to get there, but I really just wanted to know where the bus would drop me off!

5. weezel42002

weezel42002 Earning My Ears

we took a cab from boarwalk to grand floridian it cost about 12 dollars

6. lylone

lylone All our dreams can come true, if we have the coura

I agree with the Taxi ride. We always take a taxi to a breakfast Resort ADR. Why get up earlier to ride around Disney cranky and hungry?:confused3

7. jkh1978

jkh1978 DIS Veteran

On our last trip at the AKL, we used taxis twice. Once was on our trip to V&A. We didn't want to ride the buses dressed up. I think it was like $20, but we were behind someone that didn't know how to drive and it wasn't the driver's fault. I think the return trip was more like $15.

Our second taxi day - we were doing the miniature golf, and again behind someone slow :) The round took longer than I expected, and we had to get back to the hotel for the Wanyama Safari. So we walked to the Swan to get a ride. Unfortunally for us what was a short trip was expensive because it was a town car with a set rate. I don't know if there are usually town cars instead of taxis, but the major league baseball winter meetings were going on, and I didn't have time to ask if there were any taxis available.

8. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - b

That would have been good information to reveal in your original post. Not everybody does - as evidenced by the many, "What should I request to be literally on top of everything at _____ Resort so I don't have to walk one single centimeter farther than is absolutely necessary at the hotel (even though I'm thrilled to walk a dozen miles inside the parks)" threads.

Someone who hasn't been to WDW would be completely confused by your directions. The suggestion you posted makes it seem like the monorail is rightthere at the Dolphin - not a thirty minute walk that requires the use of a theme park ticket.

9. weezel42002

weezel42002 Earning My Ears

Dont argue like i wrote take a cab it will cost 12 dollars with tip you will not have to walk at all and it will take about 5 minutes depending on traffic

10. Sweettears

Sweettears 50 years of Disney and counting

I actually do this all the time for the reasons you posted. It also gives me a chance to grab a brew in WS along the way. Although this may not work with an early ADR. :rolleyes:

11. osu2k1

osu2k1 Disneyland Veteran | Disneyworld Newbie

I just posted this question in Transportation. Whoops. :rolleyes1 I didn't think to look here. Oh well. Glad to see we go straight to the park and not TTC. :cool1:

12. I Love Pluto

I Love Pluto DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>I guess that make

I agree with the taxi suggestion. Makes more sense. :thumbsup2

13. Tigger's ally

Tigger's ally Segway test dummy

With a late ADR, why pay more money....be at your bus stop early and enjoy the free transportation. Look at the little disers eyes that are filled with anticipation. Look at the parents who would rather be in bed. :rotfl:. Then, take the boat from MK to GF...chances are at that time, you will be alone in your thoughts but oh the view as you approach a wonderful hotel.