Bunk beds at good neighbor hotels?

nancy drew

DIS Veteran
so, which good neighbor hotels have bunk beds? ive seen bunk bed rooms at the park vue, anywhere else?

La Quinta has bunk beds but I can't give you more info on them. We didn't stay in the room with the bunkbeds. We only had a Deluxe room - that's 2 queens and a separate room with pull-out couch and tv.

These are the ones we've stayed at:

Kids suite at the Hyatt

Kids suite at Marriott Residence Inn Garden Grove

Kids suite at Holiday Inn Resort (this place sucks, though)

Any questions, ask! :)

thank you!!!!!

besides the park vue, are the others within reasonable walking distance to DLR?

The Park Vue bunkbeds are VERY sturdy and fairly comfortable. My DD7 slept in the top while I slept in the bottom. And we slept like the dead!!!

The Courtyard Bunkbeds were a lilttle wiggly and not as securely against a wall and my DD --5 at the time---was a little afraid of the top one..so slept on the bottom.

The Courtyard Marriott Disneyland Resort has bunkbeds and is within walking distance. (Hotel says 2 blocks.)

Anaheim blocks are not normal blocks. If you have young children I would say this is too far. We stayed at a Best Western, it's a little closer than the Courtyard, with adults and by the end of the day they were complaining it was too far to walk.

La Quinta has bunk beds but I can't give you more info on them. We didn't stay in the room with the bunkbeds. We only had a Deluxe room - that's 2 queens and a separate room with pull-out couch and tv.

We stayed in the bunk bed room, and it was pretty nice. TONS of room. A king bed in one room, with a dresser and TV, separated by French doors from the bunk bed room, which was twin over full. They had their own TV in there, plus kid sized table and chairs... and the Microwave and fridge.

Carousel has a kids suite with a bunkbed. We're staying there in May. Really close too!

The Anabella hotel has 23 different types of rooms and I know that at least one has bunkbeds in it. More rooms might but they only show a few different types on their website.

http://www.anabellahotel.com/

Here's a map...
Red Square = Anabella Hotel
Blue Line = The walk to the tram in the lion king parking lot (I think that's what the lot is called.)
Green Line = The tram route
Yellow Circle = Main entrances to Disneyland and California Adventure

anabellahotel.jpg

We stayed in the bunk bed room, and it was pretty nice. TONS of room. A king bed in one room, with a dresser and TV, separated by French doors from the bunk bed room, which was twin over full. They had their own TV in there, plus kid sized table and chairs... and the Microwave and fridge.

how long a walk is it from the la quinta? and their only pool is indoors? im trying to decide if thats a plus or minus... ;)

the carousel and anabella dont have any bunk bed rooms available when we will be there :(.

In these suites with bunkbeds, which room is closest to the door leading out of the suite? Are the kids in the room which exits the hotel suite? My ds is 4 and has a mind of his own. I can totally see him getting up and deciding he wants to leave the suite and do whatever (go get breakfast, go find Goofy, go swimming, find his baby brother a toy, etc). If we are not between the door and my son, that could be a huge problem.

In fact, he's bigger now, and more adventurous. Our previous visits he was much smaller, and we still couldn't go to sleep without shoving a chair in front of the door. Now he's big enough, though, that I think he could quietly push the chair away and sneak out, anyway.

In these suites with bunkbeds, which room is closest to the door leading out of the suite? Are the kids in the room which exits the hotel suite? My ds is 4 and has a mind of his own. I can totally see him getting up and deciding he wants to leave the suite and do whatever (go get breakfast, go find Goofy, go swimming, find his baby brother a toy, etc). If we are not between the door and my son, that could be a huge problem.

In fact, he's bigger now, and more adventurous. Our previous visits he was much smaller, and we still couldn't go to sleep without shoving a chair in front of the door. Now he's big enough, though, that I think he could quietly push the chair away and sneak out, anyway.

This is the layout of a bunkbed room at the anabella.

roomkids.jpg

"how long a walk is it from the la quinta? and their only pool is indoors? im trying to decide if thats a plus or minus... "

It is toward the back, covered by the 2nd floor and there is a high wall between the parking lot and pool. The gate is angled in toward the stairs so people in the parking lot cannot see in. I really love it because it was heated. :)

Oh and the walk is kind of far, about 2 long blocks, which was really not fun the one time we tried it 3 days into our trip with aching feet. We used ART the rest of the time, which was A LOT easier. And the drivers were very friendly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter