bummed!-BLT MK view studio not available on 7 month window day

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
today is our 7 month window day, so i called to try and get BLT MK view in a studio for only 2 nights, sept 25-27, not available. I am so bummed! I called right when they opened too. I guess people that owned in it got them all already. they had a bay lake view, but we chose not to take it. We went with the WL instead and waitlisted for blt. now to wait until friday to hit our 7 month mark on the other reservation-though we wont be calling for blt and are looking for a 1 bedroom. as of now, there is room, but we have to wait 2 more days to try!

just wanted to vent a little!

thanks.

I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted. DH and I are going to WDW for that weekend, plus Sunday as well, and already made our reservations, we're staying AKV, concierge and BCV...and I had spent some time wondering if I should try to change to BLT...I would have taken any view, but in the end we decided to stay put. AKV for the safari and BCV for the F&W easy walk.

If I were you, I would take the Bay Lake view. In earlier discussions, people were saying that it's a great one. Pixie dust as you try for something else tomorrow!pixiedust:

Bobbi:goodvibes

I was given same choice of Lake View (for different days) and took them. I figured it would at least give me a feel for the resort.

Did this in some way surprise you?:lmao:

Sorry for your disappointment. Maybe next year?

Were you actually surprised by that? I figure it will RARELY be available at the 7 month window much like AKV/CL.

I am sorry that you were not able to get your MK view. I am sure that it is very disappointing and probably something that you have been looking forward to for a long time. FWIW, we actually prefer a LV because we love to wake up and look at the water. For me, it is so peaceful and I can just feel the stress melt away when I am near water. Hopefully your waitlist will come through and you will be able to get your magical view.

As a BLT owner, I called on 2/8 and couldn't get a MK View Studio for 12/31. I could get a Lake View which I reserved and wait listed for a MK View.

One thing to keep in mind is that only units that have been declared into inventory can been reserved using points. There is another thread that indicates that only about 20% of the units have been declared. Units are declared into inventory as necessary depending on sales volume.

tried for one Dec 6 at 11:00am on Feb 8 and was told sorry.

BLT MK view will be hard to get - regardless.

although Sept is a slow month. this year there are several of us going in Sept - so that might be your problem.

As a BLT owner, I called on 2/8 and couldn't get a MK View Studio for 12/31. I could get a Lake View which I reserved and wait listed for a MK View.

One thing to keep in mind is that only units that have been declared into inventory can been reserved using points. There is another thread that indicates that only about 20% of the units have been declared. Units are declared into inventory as necessary depending on sales volume.

we did the same thing....waitlisted for 12/31 for a MK view studio

I think even owners @ BLT will be hard pressed to get MK views at times! Sorry and pixie dust to you!

I just happened to see the dates you are going in your siggie line...
You know you can now call to reserve at a 7 mos window starting from the first day through 10 days- in other words... you can call this morning to do your ressie for your 9/27-29 stay and get the rntire ressie made through the 29th... also you could have tried your 9/25 stay ressie on 9/17 (7 mos from the check OUT day) - Good Luck! Hope you get what you want!

today is our 7 month window day, so i called to try and get BLT MK view in a studio for only 2 nights, sept 25-27, not available. I am so bummed! I called right when they opened too. I guess people that owned in it got them all already. they had a bay lake view, but we chose not to take it. We went with the WL instead and waitlisted for blt. now to wait until friday to hit our 7 month mark on the other reservation-though we wont be calling for blt and are looking for a 1 bedroom. as of now, there is room, but we have to wait 2 more days to try!

just wanted to vent a little!

thanks.

You have a few things going for you--Sep is normally a quiet time, so maybe not as much demand for the same rooms. Some one could always change their mind and cancel their ressie. Also, as they sell more BLT and add more inventory, maybe your W-L will come through. Sending pixie dust your way.:flower3:

I tried to book a studio for 12/25, 12/26, with MK views using our BLT views. None available. Oh well...maybe another trip. Staying with our VWL for this trip.

I highly doubt that those of us who own at BLT and tried to book say 12/31 and were told it was all sold out, where actually told the truth. I bet my deed that they are holding rooms so they can sell them for cash. If anyone is there for 12/31 go knock on some doors and find out if they are all vacation club members I bet they wont be.
I have a friend who got through at 8.00 the first day of reservation making and was told they were booked. She actually told the woman bull sugar. lmao

They have to make money on this and that is how they can

I highly doubt that those of us who own at BLT and tried to book say 12/31 and were told it was all sold out, where actually told the truth. I bet my deed that they are holding rooms so they can sell them for cash. If anyone is there for 12/31 go knock on some doors and find out if they are all vacation club members I bet they wont be.
I have a friend who got through at 8.00 the first day of reservation making and was told they were booked. She actually told the woman bull sugar. lmao

They have to make money on this and that is how they can

There will be people there on cash reservations. Only rooms declared into DVC inventory are available to members to book on points. The rest of the rooms are owned by the developer and they can rent them out if they choose.

As stressful as it is for us as owners, not all the rooms at BLT have been purchased by DVC yet, so we have no right to them for our use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter