Build your own Mr. Potato Head?

Does anyone know if these pieces are compatable with the standard Playskool potato head? My 3 year old son loves his. He can spend hours playing with him. He also loves everything Disney, so I thought this would be a fabulous gift for him. We'll be going to WDW at the end of Oct. and plan to spend our first afternoon/evening at Downtown Disney. I will definitely make this astop, but I'd rather not waste space in the box for the head if it is the one I have? I'll also pack his head if it is the same one, so he can play with it on the trip. Thanks for any assistance.

-Alyson:earsgirl:

Run to Walmart as soon as you can if you're looking for the Mr. Potato Heads--I bought two packs today on the toy clearance isle. $5 each--don't know what they're marked down from--they're some kind of kit--skateboard maybe?

Hi,
About how many parts can fit in each box? Also, are they priced individually, in case you just want one accessory?

Thanks

I went to Walmart today - and the regular sized Mr. Potato Head is about $15-16.

There is a Potato Head PAL - which is significantly smaller - and it was the 'skateboard kit' the previous posted wrote about.

What is the size of the Potatoe that you can buy in DTD?

Thanks
DizzKnee

Just in case no one mentioned this. You can also put pieces into the head of Mr. Potatoe

They actually have both sizes, but the bigger (standard) one has a greater selection of accessories.

Sheila

At DTD, the most accessories are for the larger original Mr. PH. The new smaller Mr. PH is fairly new and has less parts.

Unfortunately, you cannot buy pieces individually. I learned this at AK, they had the Mickey Safari hat for Mr. PH and it could not be purchased by itself.....only in the "fill the box" for $18. However, I was happy to see the hat at the TDT store.

Ebay has a lot of individual pieces for sale.

We have been twice and gotten boxes each time. A few repeat items but mostly the newer items. It is so fun to see all the different parts. My DD, 2 yrs old, loves to play with Mr. PH.

BTW, like another poster mentioned....
if you need to purchase Mr. PH at DTD, remember he is hallow with a hatch in back that you can stuff more parts into.

After reading about Mr. Potato Head on these boards, my daughters (13 & 15) and I went to DD to get one. We had a blast stuffing the pieces in and trying to get all the pieces we wanted. We got Mr. Potato Head too and had to rearrange several times to get most of the pieces we wanted to fit in the box. A woman standing nearby watching, made the comment "sick." I guess some people just don't get it. I'm not sure what people like that are doing in Disney, they certainly don't have the magic.

Thank you for this wonderful thread. I purchases the PAL set this past week end. Did not know, and thought I would save us some money and go down with our own Mr. Potato Head. Oh well, we can buy a correct sized one and have more phone.

All the informantion has been most helpful. Now my DH is really looking forward to going shopping.
:bounce: :bounce:

Angel

Ok, I'm trying to figure out the potato head. Someone said it was around $15 for the larger size. I saw a playskool version that seemed large to me for only $5.88. Am I looking at the wrong kind, it came with regular pieces and they had mostly Mrs. Potato head but I don't think that would make any difference in purchasing the accessories. This one was the size my kids had when they were younger with the opening in the back. Did you say there are pieces for the small ones and larger ones? I have not found the smaller ones but the larger ones have more pieces available right? Thanks for all your help!

I saw kits for the smaller size at our local Dollar General store for $2. This included several extra parts to change out with. I think this is the same smaller size potato that I saw at DTD earlier this month, so that would be a deal to buy this and just add some of the smaller parts to your box. Hope this helps.

My kids and I had so much fun stuffing our box in July! I was so sad I had to leave parts behind because they wouldn't fit. They were also out of the fireman hats and mask and the name tag so we weren't able to get them. I need to get another box so I can fit the buzz ride base in.

Just got one this past weekend (at Disneyland, not WDW) but I had the CM stuff and fill the box - She wanted to do it for me - I guess the CM's there have competitions as to who can get the most in a box - I was amazed at what she could do - There was no way I could have fit all of those pieces in the box!!

I can not wait to get a potato for my kids when we go down in january..Thanks for the idea!!!!!!!!!

I found a website = link below = that is selling the Mr Potato Head (and the Mrs too) for 7.75 a set

http://www.zooscape.com/cgi-bin/maitred/YellowLoop/questt120290/r01

I have looked at all the regular stores in my area - and the ones I can buy at brick and mortar stores are double this price. I am not a lucky person who will find one at a garage sale or a thrift store ....

So I took the plunge and order a set (Mr and Mrs) from the zooscape website.

Just thought I would pass along my research findings

DizzKnee

While at Pop last week my son picked out three hats for Mr Potato Head that he didn't get in his box at Epcot. When we asked the price we were told that they were $2.00 each for individual pieces. When we purchased them the next day with other items the cashier did not charge us for them at all. His box at Epcot did not come close to closing with all of the pieces he stuffed in but the CM was very nice and told us not to worry about it.

O k I dont no if anyone is interested . I was at big lots this week and i wanted to get my son one for xmas . The twins love them and my dd has mrs so i thought id better get mr ..Any ways they had a birthday one at big lots so i opted to get that one since itll have new pieces i never saw any where... Had a cake bday hat presents and bday sign...6.99 which it was also at walmart so i grabbed it ....Too cute.....:D

After reading this thread I thought this would be fun to do with my kids. In BJ's this week bought a whole Mr Potato set for $16. It was a very large clear potato (16 or 18 inches) filled with 2 reg size heads, 2 small heads and a bunch of parts. Now I can't wait to fill a box with the fun stuff!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter