Bugs

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by armdave, Jul 5, 2009.

1. armdave

armdave Earning My Ears

How are the Bugs now? I hate getting eaten alive while munching on a smore.:confused:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ntsammy5

ntsammy5 DIS Veteran

Sorry, Bugs Bunny is not a Disney character - I don't think he's ever been at WDW unless he was incognito

4. armdave

armdave Earning My Ears

gee, that's hysterical. Thanks for the help

5. Maggie at the Fort

Maggie at the Fort Mouseketeer

While we were there 2 weeks ago we heard some folks complaining about them but compared to where is are in the lowcountry of SC they weren't bad at all.

I never wore bug spray and only got a few bites all week.

6. Born 2 Fish

Born 2 Fish I'D RATHER BE FISHING.

I'm gonna guess the bugs are doing pretty well,,but not as well as I would be if we were at the Fort,,MAN I so wanna be at the Fort ! If I were at the Fort I'd be munching a smores too ! And most likely knock'n back a few cold ones,,cruising on our buggy,,man, that would be the life. :thumbsup2 And no doubt I would be gett'n in fish'n time,,after all, fishing is a sport and I am a ATHLETE. Did I mention how badly I'd like to be at the Fort??
    What was your question again ?

7. U.P. North

U.P. North Mouseketeer

We were there from June 13 through June 26. We never wore bug spray in the campground. But when we went to the beach to watch the Electric Water Parade and Wishes, we got eaten pretty good. Wish I had the bug sprsy then.

8. medic9016

medic9016 Free Agent

Yep. Glad The Fort don't have Sand Gnats. We were there a few weeks ago and had no problem with bugs.

9. gemstone1952

gemstone1952 Earning My Ears

We got chewed up by the mosquitos while watching the 3rd and 4th of July fireworks over by what was marshmallow marsh but otherwise, the mosquitos haven't been too awful in our loop. On the other hand, the yellow flies are voracious and I am covered. I'd take mosquito bites over those any day.

10. freshlybarked

freshlybarked DIS Veteran

We just got home tonight and I don't know what kept biting us, but my DH and I have several bits on our legs. I think some of mine were little bees, but I don't know for sure. We each have about 5 or 6 welts on our legs. I didn't really notice mosquitoes. We were there for 3 nights. I thought with the amount of water standing (we were there at the end of May, also) it would have been really bad.

11. ntsammy5

ntsammy5 DIS Veteran

Bugs can be very tasty

12. FIREKYMMIE

FIREKYMMIE Mouseketeer

Was there 2 weeks ago.. I sat out during the day and at night and had a total of 4 bug bites from the whole week... never used the 5 dollar bottle of spray i bought....

13. MandMLUVMMandDVC

MandMLUVMMandDVC DIS Veteran

Just got home and we are covered in bites/welts. The yellowjackets are out in throngs.

14. 2goofycampers

2goofycampers Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!

oooops,, sorry,,this was Frank

15. Born 2 Fish

OMG !! Yellowjackets in thongs !!! That musta a sight,,bugs wearing th,,,,,oh,,nevermind,,I read it wrong.

16. Earthbenders

Earthbenders Earning My Ears

:rotfl2::rotfl2: What a visual that is! I think I've been doing too much :surfweb:

17. BigDaddyRog

BigDaddyRog <font color=red>Ask me about my cartoon pitch<br><

Being from the southern half of Louisiana, the bugs at the Fort are practically NON-EXISTANT!!! Especially if you stay in the main part of the campground. They run a bugspray truck through the entire campground every night, and unless your near the beach or the swampy parts of the campground(behind the 300 loop or past the group camping area) you'll be surprisingly fine.

18. 2goofycampers

2goofycampers Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!

i ben thur sevril tymes wit no efect et all, tha thurd hand relaly hulps wit tha tipen. :lmao:

19. BigDaddyRog

am dat wur da thurd hand comed frum? I jez thoat i wuz hiloosin-atin when I seed it a'growin.....dem bug fyooms kin make ya see thangs!

20. Born 2 Fish

uhhh,,uz meens dat thar turuck ant srpy'n purdy fooms ? dang'd ,,wundern iffen all dat snif'n woll mezz up me thunk'n smerts ?

21. BigDaddyRog

jez drink sum moor beer....dats makes me smorter all da tyme