Buffet question

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Mommyof3inVA, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mommyof3inVA

Mommyof3inVA Mouseketeer

Is it frowned upon or not allowed to take food from the buffet for your children to snack on later in the day? I figure my 3 year old (that I am paying for) is not going to eat a lot at the breakfast and therefore I thought I could bring a ziploc and take a few slices of bread and maybe some fruit for him to eat later. Is this ok? :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

No, you are not supposed to take a "to-go" bag with you from the buffets. However, if you ask a CM and they say a piece of fruit or a cookie is okay, then it is okay. You are not supposed to take food for a meal later on in the day.

4. pl4bby

pl4bby Mouseketeer

Yup it is frowned upon but if you ask the waiter they may bring you something. I was given some fruit when my ds fell asleep and the waiter asked if he could bring me something as he didn't finish. I tipped him even more than I would as I thought that was so nice and unexpected. I would never go up and take a bag to go. Tacky

5. Zooshoveller

Zooshoveller WAR EAGLE

DS wasn't feeling well and DH took him outside while DD and I finished. They gave us a box of desserts to take for the boys, we didn't even ask. <3

It never hurts to ask!

6. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

Yes it is frowned upon, and it is quite tacky. Would you do that at a buffet at home?
    You said you were paying for your 3 yo, and you are - for breakfast. Not for all day snacking.

7. deb010305

deb010305 Mouseketeer

Like the others have said, yes it is frowned upon.
    However, sometimes the CM's have some leeway with the rules.
    When we were at Crystal Palace for breakfast in October, my picky eater ate exactly 2 slices of bacon and a glass of orange juice. When the CM brought us the bill, he told us he didn't charge for my son, as he had noticed my son at next to nothing.

8. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

I've asked if I can take a banana or apple to go and the servers always said go right ahead! I never asked about a pastry or bread or anything because I am gluten free. Maybe they take pity on me because I can only eat certain items hahahaha.

9. Tricia1972

Tricia1972 <font color=green>I love late night snacks<br><fon

Sounds like you have an answer as well as a few suggestions.

Closing this before it has a chance to turn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.