Buffet at Wishes wedding

SheilaHeartsDisney

Yay Me!!!!!!!!!!!!
We really want to have our wedding reception at the Atlantic Dance hall but I see you can only have buffet style there. Anytime I think of a buffet i think those of those standard buffet trays with the flame under it all lined up in a row and I don't know but i just don't like the idea of a buffet at a wedding. I did see on the Disney wedding website a pic of a buffet and it looked really nice not like your typical buffet set up. Do they really look like that or was it set up like that just for the picture on the website. Does anyone have an pic of the buffet set up they had at there wedding? Also i saw all the menus for the buffets. We want to have a lunch reception. Can you only pick from the lunch buffets or will they let you chose a dinner buffet? Thanks!!

The buffet at our wedding was very nice and not your typical chafing dishes lined up in a row. Ours was not at ADH but at Ariels. I'm sure you can ask for a nicer set up. Here's some pics of ours.

JenniferandDaniel17046-14-10.jpg
Our pre-reception fajita station

The main meal
JenniferandDaniel17066-14-10.jpg

JenniferandDaniel17776-14-10.jpg

JenniferandDaniel17806-14-10.jpg

ooo that's awesome that you can have a sit down meal at Atlantic Dance Hall now. Thanks for the pictures of the buffet. I was hoping it would look like that rather than those typical trays.

ooo that's awesome that you can have a sit down meal at Atlantic Dance Hall now. Thanks for the pictures of the buffet. I was hoping it would look like that rather than those typical trays.

I have also heard this, but I emailed my planner the other day and asked if this was true as we are having our reception at ADH, and her reply was that she didn't know where I heard that rumor but that ADH was still buffet only?:confused:

I will add however that we have already chosen our buffet menu (and were probably going to stick with it even if a sit down meal was an option) and Disney deff. does more than your typical wedding buffet. We are having stations; seafood station, salad bar, action station, and fondue station. Our tasting is in a few weeks and I will report back how the food was.

I totally understand your concern. I felt the same way, that it would look tacky or trashy but it actually did not look that way at all. I am glad that I did have the buffet in the end. Disney set it up real nicely and for the prices you have to pay for a sit down lunch/dinner (which are ridiculous even compared to NY wedding hall prices) you get more food. Check out page 38 of my PJ. My photographers did not take many pictures of the food, but you can get the idea. As to choosing what you want to serve, you can custom tailor your buffet. For example, we wanted a staple from home so we added Chicken Parmigana with Pasta and Marinara Sauce to our buffet. Just talk to your planner about what your needs are and they can work it out with you. Hope this helps.

My Husband and I had a buffet in October at the GF. Our guest loved it. We had action stations (pasta, carving station and mashed bar) where the chefs prepare the food right there. Don't worry about it being tacky. Disney does a great job!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter