Buffalo Security wait time.

Chip_Dale

DIS Veteran
Our flight is on a Wednesday morning @ 7:30. What time should we be at the airport to clear security to get to the gate on time for the flight.

Copied from the Buffalo Airport website: (just be sure to allow yourself enough time to get across the border should you plan to not spend the night before at a hotel)

• Security Checkpoint
    The security checkpoint at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport is operated by the Federal Transportation Security Administration (TSA). The Buffalo Niagara International Airport works with the TSA to monitor security line length and tries to keep the wait time less than 15 minutes; however to avoid any problems, we recommend arriving 90 minutes to two hours prior to departure especially during high travel periods such as Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter to ensure adequate time for check-in, security screening and travel to your gate

With a 7:30 am flight I would arrive by 5:30 at the latest. The airport is often busy first thing in the morning so we've found 2 hours to be accurate.

As recommended by the TSA you should arrive 2 hrs prior to a domestic flight and 3 hrs prior to an internationally flight.

I live in WNY and have flown out of BUF a number of times.
Security at BUF is pretty much the easiest and fastest I've experienced on my travels.

The only times we have had to wait more than 5 - 10 minutes in line for security were early morning flights. Even then we are talking 15-20 min tops (hell it is early and I haven't had a coffee yet so I can't tell you exactly). It isn't a Pearson security line, but give yourself the time you need.

Are you bringing a stroller? They often will bring families with infants through the accessible line and it is never as busy as the regular line. That being said. Id be there for 5:30am at the latest.

I've been flying from BUF for well over 10 years now. I still plan to be arriving 2 hours prior to my flight. I much prefer to be early then to be stressing over being late. I often end up sitting at the gate with that full 2+ hours. I just get a beverage/snack and relax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter