Buena Vista units will take Disney name

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by crazy4wdw, Apr 26, 2007.

1. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw DIS Veteran

Buena Vista units will take Disney name

2. Mecha Figment

Mecha Figment Phenominal cosmic powers!!! itty bitty living spac

I don't like it .. i don't like it at alll.

3. ThurlFan

ThurlFan Grim Ghost

Well, I'm breathing a sigh of relief because the title of the OP made me think the new hotel/condo properties on the edge of WDW were going to be allowed to use the Disney name.

(If the actually are and I just missed it earlier please don't ruin my morning by pointing that out :rotfl: )

4. Another Voice

Another Voice Charter Member of The Element

Whispers inside say it's going to be the 'Disney/ABC Studios Theme Park'. All of the film division names will be going away soon - Touchstone and Pixar - they will be released as "Disney". Adult content will fall under 'ABC'; 'Hollywood Pictures' may be used in the future to disassociate real stinkers like the upcoming The Invisible.

5. Mecha Figment

Mecha Figment Phenominal cosmic powers!!! itty bitty living spac

i don't like that
    the whole point was to diversify so disney wouldn't have a monopoly on things.

The pixar name should stay. If the change that they will see a big hurt in the stock holders becasue to be frank, pixar sells disney does not.

6. ThurlFan

ThurlFan Grim Ghost

It will be interesting to see if they do anything with publishing. Hyperion publishes George Carlin's books - that would be an interesting development to have his rantings published under the Disney name :lmao:

(BTW - I love George Carlin, just thought it made an interesting combo)