Buena Vista Palace Hotel and Spa

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by CaFeeney, Feb 22, 2012.

1. CaFeeney

CaFeeney Mouseketeer

Jan 6, 2009
    HI All,
    Wondering if anyone has feedback on the Buena Vista Palace Hotel and Spa located in DTD. Travelzoo just came out with a great deal $99 per night for a water view room with breakfast for 2 and all resort fees included. As we are going April 11-15 this is peak WDW time and even the moderates are well over $200 per night.

We would be staying 4 nights and then moving into our DVC unit at Old Key West. We typically stay on property but this really seems like a great deal.

We have just 2 adults and a 5 year old so I don't really need the space of a suite or condo.

Looks like it is right across the street from DTD.

Anyone stay recently? What were your thoughts/impressions?

2. Rhongepooh

Rhongepooh <font color=red>I must ponder this news<br><font c

Aug 14, 2004
    We stayed here Thanksgiving 2010 for one night before moving to the CR. The rooms are big and if you're in a deluxe room it has a BIG corner tub which was really nice after driving for 12+ hours. They did have a resort fee and parking. . . I asked for an upgrade (very nicely) and although I didn't get it they DID give me free parking so that saved I think around $10. The hallways looked kind of run down but if I remember correctly the rooms were nice and the beds were comfy. I would stay here again for a 1 night stay for the right price.
  3. Kae

Kae DIS Veteran

Oct 21, 2002
    We stayed there once for 2 nights & really liked it. Funny thing is the staff was very up to date on all thing Disney, the bellhop not only new times, he recomended places to eat with suggestions & gave us tips on where to stand for Spectro-it was the first time we stood in by the Chrismas Shoppe in Liberty Square & now we stand there all the time.

Our room was clean & nice. Liked being so close to DTD we walked over & took the bus to AKL for dinner. Pool area looked nice we didn't swim though.

4. colinsdad

colinsdad DIS Veteran

Apr 8, 2007
    My cousin had her wedding reception at the BVP and it was a real nice place. While I didn't stay there after the reception (I had a timeshare at Marriot Sabal Palms), many of my family members did stay that evening and said it was very nice.

The location is great, and for $99, I think that sounds like a great deal. I'd have no problem staying here based on my families comments. Have a great trip. :goodvibes