Buena Vista Hotel

Keith Ward

UK Cruiser
We are considering the Buena Visat Hotel at Downtown Disney.Any thoughts,
How do you use the disney buses to get to the parks,do you have to go to downtown,catch a bus to a Disney Resort then get another to the Park ?
Any reports on this hotel would be useful.We have only ever ( 3 times ) stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and loved it.

Keith Ward said:
We are considering the Buena Visat Hotel at Downtown Disney.Any thoughts,
How do you use the disney buses to get to the parks,do you have to go to downtown,catch a bus to a Disney Resort then get another to the Park ?
Any reports on this hotel would be useful.We have only ever ( 3 times ) stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and loved it.

Anyone out there ?

Keith Ward said:
Anyone out there ?

You're not getting any response because there is no hotel with that name.

Perhaps you mean Buena Vista Palace? If so, the hotel was formerly a Wyndham. It's a big convention-oriented hotel that is in need of major renovations, which the new owners were promising, but I've heard nothing about those actually taking place.

All of the Downtown Disney resorts, including Buena Vista Palace, participate in a private bus system that runs directly to the theme parks about every 30 minutes. Yes, you could walk to Downtown Disney, take a Disney bus to a Disney resort and then ANOTHER bus to a theme park -- but why? It would take a lot more time than using the hotel's own bus.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Concerning Buena Vista Palace and renovations- stayed there a couple of months ago and work was being done on at least some of the rooms. First room we got could hear work going on somewhere above us, requested move to another room and could not hear any work being done.

Very convenient to Downtown Disney.

Phrank

My Dad stayed there in April 2003 because his company was doing a trade show there. He said the rooms were nothing special & the hotel was not that great of a place to stay. He also said it looks nice from the outside, but the inside is completly different. The only good thing about it that he said was it being so close to Downtown Disney.

Stayed here 5 times - hotel has changed its name 3 times in those years!. The BP is in the middle of a huge renvation project - all rooms are being upgraded - so they should be really nice. Buses pick you up for all WDW parks apx every half hour (don't clock watch as they are not 100% on the dot) - unless changes have been made the BP is first pick up and first drop off. Literally across the road from DTD and a short walk to crossroads - I feel you have the best of all worlds here. I would be happy to give you my opinion of this hotel if you want - just shout! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter