Budget / USRentacar at MCO

Peebee

Disney Dad
Just looking at car rental costs for next August (12th to 31st), and USRentacar are coming out cheapest with Budget for a 4x4 7 seater - £588. However, they want another £84 for an inclusive tank of fuel - the 'inclusive' option with USRentacar offers 1 additional driver as standard.

Has anyone had a recent experience with Budget at MCO via USRentacar or one of other agents? Can we return the car full at the end of the trip, or will Budget charge us regardless and at what sort of rate?

Many thanks for any tips - this will be our first time with Budget, but after all the positive feedback previously on the board I feel it's time to give someone other than Alamo a try, and the pickup from the garage sounds like a reasonable trade-off for not picking the car ourselves.

Paul

No advice i'm afraid but am also looking at trying to return the car full if it works out cheaper.

I used Budget through USrentacar last August and just took the car back full, when you check it in just make sure you get the inspector to check the level and get a recipt.

I also used Budget through USrentacar (Mitsubishi Galant) last August from MCO. State that you want to bring the car back with a full tank - before you sign the agreement. I filled up at Hess station outside of Magic Kingdom and drove back to MCO. Person at check-in confirmed a full tank

Glad 2 of you at least have had no problems doing this. I have always taken the Gold/Platinum option but next August as we are looking at 25 nights it is an expensive option at £91.
Was hoping to go back to Dollar though next year, still no prices on USrentacar and Netflights is phone only(How long as it been like that?)

Thanks guys, really pleasing to hear that you've had success in taking the car back full. I know some of the rental companies - particularly Dollar and Alamo - have supposedly had issues in the past, especially with pre-pay customers via an agent. I think we'll go for the standard cover and make sure the paperwork is correct before we leave.

Out of interest Wayne, any particular reason for going back to Dollar next time? Did you have any issues with Budget last trip?

Paul

I will go with Budget if they are a lot cheaper.
We always book full size, with Budget book Intermediate with free upgrade to full size.
I use Dollar Express & Budget pre-reg, both great services and bypass the lines.
Done 4 Budget rentals in past year. 1st one at MCO no problems at all. 2nd at MCO when we got to the car lot it was a PT cruiser, I doubt its even intermediate but not full size. Went back to kiosk and he was very sorry, said wrong car was parked in our spot, could have been genuine but I trust rental agents as much as car salesmen.
3rd time at Tampa this August, got the car it was a Chevvy HHR, I guess intermedite(at least its better than PT cruiser) DS could not get his legs in the back seats he is 6'2" went back in to be told that was last car(looked to be plenty in the garage) I explained it was our 3rd rental within a year and no problems at MCO getting free upgrade. She had another look and found us a Malibu which was great.
4th was after cruise in August, this was was worst, book full size 4x4, best they had was a 7 seater minibus. started it up, warning light was on for washers, eventually got someone that could understand English in the garage to top it up. On our way looking around the car realised it had not been cleaned, to me they just sent it out with touching it (filthy and no water) it was only a 3 day rental so didn't bother going back but would have done if a longer rental.

All in nothing really bad with Budget just problems that could be solved and an older fleet, next rental will probably be no problems but on the other hand Dollar have been superb, expecially since getting express card, almost always free upgrades and new cars. Last year or so Dollar have been pricey, hope they are near Budget so I can go back but will use Budget if I have to.

Just looking at car rental costs for next August (12th to 31st), and USRentacar are coming out cheapest with Budget for a 4x4 7 seater - £588. However, they want another £84 for an inclusive tank of fuel - the 'inclusive' option with USRentacar offers 1 additional driver as standard.

Has anyone had a recent experience with Budget at MCO via USRentacar or one of other agents? Can we return the car full at the end of the trip, or will Budget charge us regardless and at what sort of rate?

Many thanks for any tips - this will be our first time with Budget, but after all the positive feedback previously on the board I feel it's time to give someone other than Alamo a try, and the pickup from the garage sounds like a reasonable trade-off for not picking the car ourselves.

Paul

We found Budget the cheapest through USRentacar too - we were in a slightly unusual position in that we wanted to pick that car up at Disney and drop it back at the airport - so we picked it up at the DoubleTree resort on Hotel Boulevard at DTD - very easy.

We didn't pick the platinum option because we only had one extra driver which was already included but we were given the option of buying fuel when we picked the car up and were quote slightly less than the going rate at the pumps so that might be the way to go for you.

I will probably go back to Dollar next August. This year at MCO using Budget Fastbreak - arrived at Kiosk with one person in front. 50 Minutes later, finally got car :mad:
First they could not find our booking (even though I registered 5 months before we travelled). I had booked intermediate with free upgrade to Full size. First offer was doubtful if it made the compact class, so we waited and waited and waited. Maybe it was just an unfortunate incident, but I'm one for voting with my feet ;)

Oh, decisions decisions. Price for standard rental via USRentacar is exactly the same for both Budget and Alamo, just Alamo is for single driver, Budget for one additional. No major issue as DW hardly ever drives anyway, but nice to have as a fallback.

Have used Alamo last 5 or 6 times without any real issues and do appreciate the ability to choose the car...although the queues can be a pain it's pot luck really.

Paul

Not used Alamo since 2000, bad experience with them but many seem to like them now they are onsite and you get choice of cars.
We are same DW never driven but I like to have her included incase of emergency, would be a pain to add later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!