Budget maternity clothes

I am trying not to spend a lot of money on maternity clothes and wondering if anyone knows of some good places to look. I have looked on Old Navy and Motherhood and Maternity. Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks!
Admittedly, it's been 15 years since I bought maternity clothes, but I found a HUGE selection at consignment stores and yard sales -- and they were very inexpensive. I had a nice selection of clothes that I enjoyed, and they didn't break the bank. Since these things are used for such a short period of time and many people want to get rid of them when they're "done", the available things are usually in good condition.

I wouldn't suggest this. The cut between "large" clothing and Maternity is very different. You'd just look like you gained weight and not having a baby.. I tried this with my first. Plus maternity pants are SOOOOO comfy!!! gotta love those panels for your tummy. They might be ugly as sin but ahhhhh good for the ever expanding tummy!
I agree and disagree with the "larger clothes" idea. When I was "barely pregnant" I bought two pair of decent-looking pants with elastic pants --they were one size up. They were very, very useful in those months when I wasn't really big enough yet to "fill up" maternity pants . . . and then I used them again immediately after birth when I wasn't back to my old size yet.

However, I totally agree that once your belly is really big, real maternity pants with the panel in front are the best thing ever. You'll look and feel better if you have some things that fit your expanding body well.

I am going to also say ebay. I bought a lot of the higher end maternity stuff on there, and since I only wore them a few months, will resell them on there. I was also an ON/GAP/Kohl's shopper when I needed something fast.

Main thing with maternity is to try to buy things you like, and make you feel good. Buy ugly stuff just because it fits and you will feel gross. ESPECIALLY jeans.

If you have a Once a Upon a Child in your area I would try there. They are picky on what they buy from you to resell. I love going there to buy clothes for my three kids.

All of my suggestions have already been posted here...Kohl's, Target, Old Navy, Motherhood, and best of all consignment. We were walking by Motherhood Maternity last night and saw they are going back to the "pouch" style pants and were proud of it. Honestly, I thought about looking at them because they just looked so comfortable!!! ;)
I would suggest finding several shirts and pants that make you feel good (and look good) - you might spend more money on those items, but when you are at the end and feeling like a whale, at least you will be happy with your clothes. Most women don't buy an entire wardrobe...my co-workers and I would wear the same stuff several times a week, and we all knew why! At home, I stuck to t-shirts, shorts and athletic-style pants that sat below the waist. They were comfy and it didn't really matter what I looked like there! Anyway, happy clothes shopping (and congratulations)! :banana:

I wouldn't suggest this. The cut between "large" clothing and Maternity is very different. You'd just look like you gained weight and not having a baby.. I tried this with my first. Plus maternity pants are SOOOOO comfy!!! gotta love those panels for your tummy. They might be ugly as sin but ahhhhh good for the ever expanding tummy!

That's why I said "Depending on your body style and the cut of the clothing." Some shirts for larger women look a lot like maternity tops, especially those that have the tie just under the breast. I think they call those "babydoll" style.

I bought the large plus sizes t shirts and some mens jean shorts they work fine for me and my hubby is losing weight so he can wear these shorts when I am through with them. Also some walmarts have maternity clothes in the baby section and there is some disney prints also saw betty boop

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter